FS Dynavector 10x5

Kt77

FS Dynavector 10x5
« on: 3 Jun 2012, 06:47 pm »
Hi Guys, As I'm trying to get into several MC cartridges for my WTA GTA, I'm offering several Dynavector's as a means to fund this venture - so I've this along with a 20x2H for sale. Both are newly purchased - never used items in Mint condition as they've merely put in a drawer in my listening room along with 5 others. You can check my feedback over on audioGon as a means to know that if nothing else I'm a person of my word. My username there is El34eh - so I'm looking for $300 for the 10x5 and $600 for the 20x2H ( High Output ). Thanks for viewing my ad, and I hope to hear from you. Regards,Oscar
« Last Edit: 3 Jun 2012, 10:41 pm by Kt77 »

cal3713

Re: FS Dynavector 10x5
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jun 2012, 05:49 pm »
Actually, no-one's buying anything right now.  Maybe it's time for summer vacations in a bad economy, so no funds for audio.

I'm selling a Pass X250.5 amps on Audiogon (and here) right now, and although they usually sell in a week if listed for less than $4200, mine and another are just sitting there.  The other one's on their second month of listing.

Indiansprings

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jun 2012, 05:52 pm »
Guys, Come on................, why are you all being so cheap!, these are both NIB - never used cartridges that you aren't going to find in better condition unless you're willing to pay full prices on. I'm willing to go as low as $275 on the 10x5, and $570 on the 20x2H. At which point I'll just sit on both as it shows me that many of you are simply the ones accustomed to $100 cartridges or think someone is supposed to give things away for nickels on the dollar. Either you're willing to invest in decent cartridges or you aren't?, but I'm not giving them away. Regards, Oz
Interesting sales tactic.

Kt77

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jun 2012, 05:54 pm »
Actually, no-one's buying anything right now.  Maybe it's time for summer vacations in a bad economy, so no funds for audio.

I'm selling a Pass X250.5 amps on Audiogon (and here) right now, and although they usually sell in a week if listed for less than $4200, mine and another are just sitting there.  The other one's on their second month of listing.
Great point - I didn't take summer vacations into account. I've noticed for the longest time that things actually do sell better during the colder months. Thanks for your wise response. Cheers,Oz

Kt77

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jun 2012, 06:20 pm »
 Why!, because I'm speaking the truth. All to often people are looking for discounts on items they've had the chance to audition and rather purchase it online at a faction of its original cost - which is find and dandy if you don't take into account that the place in which you heard it has to close their doors due to lack of support/business. I'm one of those whom if it's something I wish to own?, then I'll pursue it and take into account what someone has actually paid for said item - if I then consider their asking price to be fair!, then I'll simply honor their price as is. To my mindset to many attempt to lowball their ways through gear in hopes that someone is stressed - well I for one am not. That's too much like going into a dollar store with the intent on purchasing something half off - either one is willing to honor ones asking price or stick to cheap stuff - it's that simple. Much like your table - I bet you would've asked the company that refinished it on your behalf to except less for the quality of work they did too it!, otherwise it wouldn't look as nice as it does. Something's in life cost - so to me BS!, is just that. My words are my own and do express what I view as such. Cheers - Dude, Oz

Indiansprings

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jun 2012, 06:41 pm »
Why!, because I'm speaking the truth. All to often people are looking for discounts on items they've had the chance to audition and rather purchase it online at a faction of its original cost - which is find and dandy if you don't take into account that the place in which you heard it has to close their doors due to lack of support/business. I'm one of those whom if it's something I wish to own?, then I'll pursue it and take into account what someone has actually paid for said item - if I then consider their asking price to be fair!, then I'll simply honor their price as is. To my mindset to many attempt to lowball their ways through gear in hopes that someone is stressed - well I for one am not. That's too much like going into a dollar store with the intent on purchasing something half off - either one is willing to honor ones asking price or stick to cheap stuff - it's that simple. Much like your table - I bet you would've asked the company that refinished it on your behalf to except less for the quality of work they did too it!, otherwise it wouldn't look as nice as it does. Something's in life cost - so to me BS!, is just that. My words are my own and do express what I view as such. Cheers - Dude, Oz

You go get em...
Sounds like you have been getting some low ball offers and are not happy about it. Certainly frustrating, but you got to just deal with it when you sell stuff. Times are certainly tight. Something to consider, maybe try and just counter rather than get upset about it. It's not worth it to let it bother you.

Kt77

« Reply #6 on: 9 Jun 2012, 07:30 pm »
You go get em...
Sounds like you have been getting some low ball offers and are not happy about it. Certainly frustrating, but you got to just deal with it when you sell stuff. Times are certainly tight. Something to consider, maybe try and just counter rather than get upset about it. It's not worth it to let it bother you.
Hi Indiansprings, Thanks for catching that. Yes I've sold quite a few things to friends as a means to help them in putting their systems together - case in point I purchased a pair of ProAc Response One SC's ( Birdseye Maple ) from audioGon for $1.800 in March 2010, and offered them to a guy I know because he was using $20 Sony Speakers when we met for $800, whom turned around five months later and sold them for $1.395!, talk about being hurt - if I didn't think anything about him I'd have re-sold them for the same amount to someone else. But since then, I've gotten to the point that I'd never just give things away for the sake of friendship - if someone wants something that I own be that - LP's - Tubes - Cables/Power Cords or whatever?, they either pay my asking price or move on, and except the fact once is enough. But I'm not trying to push anything on anyone - in so much as trying to give someone whom knows what either of these cartridges are a chance to get them at what I'd consider fair prices. But taking into account what you were kind enough to mention about the state of affairs that we all are enduring in these uncertain times - I'm not trying to be bitter in so much as raising the facts as I see them. So I'm willing to overlook matters and not allow them to get under my skin, but it was nice of you to address my post none the least, and for that alone I thank thee. Be well, Oz

decal

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jun 2012, 07:55 pm »
You can ask any price you want but the reality is you will only get what the market will bear. Sometimes you get lucky and get full asking price, sometimes you just have to take a little less. It's the nature of doing business. No need to get bent out of shape about it, you can always say no. Just my opinion,nothing more. Good luck with your sales.

Kt77

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2012, 12:02 am »
You can ask any price you want but the reality is you will only get what the market will bear. Sometimes you get lucky and get full asking price, sometimes you just have to take a little less. It's the nature of doing business. No need to get bent out of shape about it, you can always say no. Just my opinion,nothing more. Good luck with your sales.
Hi author=decal link, I'm more then willing to except that fact and know that times are harder on some then others - so I'm not going to sweat it either way. It was just an offer and nothing more, as I simply don't need either of the cartridges and would certainly consider worthwhile options. But once again I'd rather sit on both of them before I gave them away for a mere $100 each. Hard times or not - it comes do to logic, does it not?. Thanks for at else having the balls to chime in!, as I've noticed many have looked at my offer - yet haven't responded which I think got to me more then anything - yet I shall endure this as well. Be well, Oz

klamka

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jul 2012, 01:26 pm »
Is the10x5 still available ? I'm willing to spend up to $272.50 although $250 sounds much better to my wooden ears:) Do I recall correctly that you're from MI? Anyway I will send you a pM

Kt77

« Reply #10 on: 25 Jul 2012, 01:43 pm »
Is the10x5 still available ? I'm willing to spend up to $272.50 although $250 sounds much better to my wooden ears:) Do I recall correctly that you're from MI? Anyway I will send you a pM

Hi klamka,

I've responded to you PM. As mentioned in said PM, the wife told me that she would help me in obtaining a MC, so it's no longer for sale and will be used as a back up like the other 5 that have been put aside.

Only if she had mentioned this earlier on - I'd still have my Dynavector 20x2H. But I think she felt sad after seeing me sell something that I hadn't even had an opportunity to listen to. So at the last moment - like 5 minutes ago decided to come to my aid.

So it's no longer for sale.

Regards,
O_o scar

klamka

« Reply #11 on: 25 Jul 2012, 03:45 pm »
OK, I'm not the one trying to ruin your marital happiness but if in another 5 minutes you and your better one will feel differently let me know. Best, W

Kt77

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jul 2012, 04:20 pm »
OK, I'm not the one trying to ruin your marital happiness but if in another 5 minutes you and your better one will feel differently let me know. Best, W

I must certainly will. But as she said - she hates seeing me sell anything that I might like?, especially something I've never even taken the time to listen to. So I'm holding her to her promise of assisting me in purchasing a MC, God knows she has been honest in the 33 years we've been married, so why question her now.

But once again, thanks for the offer.
O_o scar