Speaker cable: Nitro speaker vs M-80 with Bybee

Fife

« on: 25 May 2004, 07:27 pm »
So has anyopne done a comparison between the 2: Nitro speaker wire vs M-80 speaker wire with a Bybee attached.

Maybe Wayne from Bolder can answer since the prices are probably quite comparable.

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2004, 07:32 pm »
The Nitro's with Bybee's are SERIOUS cables!!!  :lol:   :mrgreen:

Fife

« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2004, 09:53 pm »
I actually meant a comparison between the plain-jane Nitro speaker wire vs the modified M-80 speaker wire with a Bybee attached.

I am sure the Nitro with a Bybee woudl be serious $.

Wayne1

« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2004, 11:07 pm »
The Nitro speaker wire with a pair of Nitro jumpers with Bybees is what I would suggest for a pair of RM-40s :D

The M-80 with Bybees is a very good cable. The Bybees would add $200.00 to the standard price for a pair.

The dynamics and detail in the upper mids and highs would still be better with the Nitro speaker cable over the M-80 with Bybee.

Fife

« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2004, 11:29 pm »
Thanks.

Time to save up some more coins in my penny jar.

Marbles

« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2004, 11:31 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
The Nitro speaker wire with a pair of Nitro jumpers with Bybees is what I would suggest for a pair of RM-40s :D

Damn good advice  :wink:

Nitro w/bybee cable, plus a standard Nitro jumper on the RM30 is pretty great too...

eico1

« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2004, 12:55 am »
Quote from: Marbles
Quote from: Wayne1

Damn good advice  :wink:

Nitro w/bybee cable, plus a standard Nitro jumper on the RM30 is pretty great too...

at $350 a shot why not get instructions from Brian to hard wire the bi-amp posts. As far as Bybee and VMPS, are they really effective with the noise filter designed into each speaker?

http://www.vmpsaudio.com/nf.htm

steve

Marbles

« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2004, 01:03 am »
Quote from: eico1

at $350 a shot why not get instructions from Brian to hard wire the bi-amp posts. As far as Bybee and VMPS, are they really effective with the noise filter designed into each speaker?

http://www.vmpsaudio.com/nf.htm

steve

Steve, they are effective.

I suspect that the Bybees do different things that the filter doesn't....

On the hard wiring of the binding post, do you mean soldering the Nitro to it?

It would be better to remove the binding posts and wire the Nitro directly to the XO. Didn't think of it at the time though, and it makes it hard to compare other cables....

eico1

« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2004, 01:11 am »
I haven't heard much on whether VMPS work better bi-wired, I'd suspect the posts are present more for bi-amping. But yea, I'd go inside and solder/connect whatever wire is used internally.

steve

bubba966

« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2004, 02:34 am »
I don't think Wayne's made many M-80 speaker cables w/Bybees. He made me a set for my L/C/R channels that were terminated with Eichmann Bayonets. Which look like so...

I'd asked him if anyone else has had cables like that made, to which he replied that I was the only one he's done that for. I don't know if he meant the M-80/Bybee/Bayonet setup, or if he was also talking about M-80/Bybee/spade or regular banana.

I've not heard regular Nitro speaker cabling. So I can't say how that compares to my M-80/Bybee/Bayonet cables.

What I can say is how very surprised I was at how damn good my speakers can actually sound. They're sounding so good now, that I no longer have a great desire to upgrade my speakers or my amplification. Maybe someday I might upgrade my speaks & amplification, but that got bumped all the way down to the bottom of the list.

I went with the M-80/Bybee/Bayonet design as it was cheaper than going with just Nitro/Bayonet. And I'm more than happy with my decision.

Now I need to do my rears and maybe even my rear centers in a similar manner...

Fife

« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2004, 07:53 pm »
Thanks for your replies.

bubba966

« Reply #11 on: 26 May 2004, 08:55 pm »
I highly reccommend the Eichman Bayonets on either the M-80's or Nitro. No hassles with trying to keep a spade connection tight. And no brass base metal like everyone else's bananas.