Any Indy 500 Fans Here?

LadyDog

Any Indy 500 Fans Here?
« on: 28 May 2012, 12:02 pm »
I'm biased since I live here, but good race yesterday.  Was pulling for Sato though.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Any Indy 500 Fans Here?
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2012, 12:08 pm »
As soon as the announcers said Sato has been known to be impatient I had a feeling he'd jump like he did...a fantastic win for everyone involved especially Mrs. Wheldon (sp?).

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2012, 01:13 pm »
He made a great decision to go with him on the previous pass.  Even it he'd have gotten by safely for the lead, they way the draft was working, he'd have been passed coming down the stretch.  Should be a good lesson that 2nd with a shot at first is better than what, 18th?

Overall an enjoyable race.

Bryan

Whitese

« Reply #3 on: 7 Aug 2012, 06:50 pm »
I haven't watched Indy Car racing since Mario Andretti retired.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #4 on: 7 Aug 2012, 09:43 pm »
I went to two Indy 500 races many years ago.  In the first we saw Parnelli Jones just blow off the entire field until he was sidelined by a fuel pump failure near the end of the race. The gas turbine engines they used were so under stressed and reliable that they could spend their entire development time on the car chassis.  The next race we had special Penskie guest passes and got to the team dinners and all. My 12 year old son loved it although Johncock beat Mears in the end.

Indy live is like watching airplane races at 20 feet away in a 200000 crowd each as mad as at a Spanish bullfight.  Overwhelming experience.

Frank Van Alstine