ERS on your ICE Digital. . .

pjchappy

« on: 25 May 2004, 02:47 am »
Wayne, I was just wondering the reasons for no ERS fabric on your latest cable.  I'm not questioning your design. . .b/c I am completely ignorant when it comes to this stuff. . .but, I was just curious. . .

Thanks!

p

Wayne1

« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2004, 03:56 pm »
There were quite a few reasons behind the new design.

WBT had come out with the NexGen connectors. In listening tests the Copper NextGen sounded better than the Silver Bullet connector on the same cable.

Mr. Bybee came out with the Slipstream Bybees. These are smaller than the older, small Bybee used in the Napalm and sounded quite a bit better in listening tests.

The Napalm was a very thick cable with the ERS wrapped around it. It was hard to bend easily.

It took a fairly long time to wrap and attach the fabric. I did not use the self stick fabric and had to glue it in place. I was never really able to do so consistantly. Each cable turned out a bit different than the previous one.

Finally the sound. After incorporating the latest connectors and Slipstream Bybee in the design, I liked what I heard without the ERS. The sound was a bit less dynamic with the ERS combined with the NextGen connectors and Slipstream Bybees.