Need help finding solution for work

lokie

Need help finding solution for work
« on: 16 May 2012, 08:50 pm »
Hi,

I am exploring the most efficient way to take a picture and then add some notes to that particular picture and then repeat many, many times. Sure would be cool if I could figure out a way to send picture and notes to the cloud on the fly.

Camera needs to be able take a decent picture of a house from the car... so lets say 100 to 200 feet. So, something better than a phone. Downloading to Ipad would also be nice but a laptop would work as well.

Any ideas?

nathanm

Re: Need help finding solution for work
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2012, 09:45 pm »
Are you talking about putting text right on the image or in the file's metadata?  If you want text on the image you could probably create a Photoshop action, I think Lightroom will also allow you too imprint metadata on images.  It looks like there's some watermarking applications out there that might do what you want too:

http://www.visualwatermark.com/

lokie

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2012, 10:42 pm »
Notes in the Metadata.

nathanm

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2012, 08:00 pm »
I use Adobe Bridge and\or Lightroom for applying Metadata across multiple images, but if you don't have those I'd try something like Picasa or maybe Acdsee.  I can't vouch for either as I don't use them, just heard of them.  There may also be some more esoteric freeware\shareware things for metadata.

lokie

« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2012, 12:47 pm »
Thanks nathanm

I need to imbed notes right when I take the picture. So, I'm thinking the camera will need to have the capability to output the picture to a laptop (or ipad) instead of a memory card.

Anyway, could you recommend a good photo forum?

Thanks again, Doug

nathanm

« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2012, 02:47 pm »
A camera that supports audio voice annotation might help, but I am not sure about inserting text right in-camera.

Someone else with your concern:
http://photometadata.blogspot.com/2011/10/why-cant-i-insert-metadata-at-capture

I'm not an expert on other forums, I mainly visit film-specific ones myself, so there's not a whole lot of metadata talk there.  (although there is after you scan of course.  My personal gripe is that I can't find a way to fill in EXIF data on my film scans)