Will SC ST blend well with standard SongCenter/Surround?

gregcss

Hello,

I have the standard songcenter and songsurround 1s and using the songsurrounds as my mains for now. I was going to get the songtower soon but wondering if i should just get the supercharged songtower instead of the standard. If I did, will it blend well with the standard songcenter and songsurround for movies? I only listen to music in 2ch so music is not a concern.
Or if I do go the SC ST route should i strongly consider matching at least the center or just go with standard STs?

Thanks

repete66211

Re: Will SC ST blend well with standard SongCenter/Surround?
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2012, 03:00 am »
I had the same concerns.  I wanted the supercharged SongTowers and, considering how important the center channel is when watching movies, thought if it's good to upgrade the towers it's good to upgrade the center as well.  However, I think Jim said mine would be the first supercharged SongCenter ever built so it can't be that big of a concern for other owners.

Would they "match"?  Since they have different drivers technically the answer is no.  However, considering they each have their own discreet channel I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make or if you'd notice it.  Theoretically the center channel would sound better.

Warpdrv

• There's NO ESCAPING the SoundScape !!
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2012, 09:02 pm »
I have the SS m7's and I didn't want a larger sized CC that the SS's use....    I was more interested in the size center of the HT2c - I talked with both Jim and Dennis, and they felt that I wouldn't be missing much if anything as they are pretty much voiced the same....     

I went ahead and ordered it up - I couldn't be more happy....    It sounds fantastic and is more then adequate for a center channel....

Pretty confident that you will be just as pleased. 

vintagebob

« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2012, 09:19 pm »
I'm using a HT2-Center in my HT system with the SoundScape 10s and even though they both have different drivers and tweeters they seem to integrate well.  I was watching an Alison Krauss concert on DVD the other night and didn't notice any issues.

I think you'll be OK.