Diversity & Restoration

sfraser

Diversity & Restoration
« on: 13 May 2012, 01:33 pm »
Regarding the recent topics on wooden cases and face plate handles for amplifiers. Count me out for wooden enclosures and count me "in" for rack mount handles. Last night we had a pre mothers day BBQ with a few friends. Our family room mains are powered by a original 4B housed in wooden cabinets. The party was in high gear with plenty of dancing when the left channel of the 4B overheated and shut down. I quickly ushered everyone out to the rear porch, where the music was still playing. I remembered I had a "spare" 4 B in the audio room (actually audio room system was disassembled for renovations). My buddy's were shaking there heads as I wheeled out with a "new" 4B carrying it by the convient front handles. Swapped out the overheated unit with the cool unit and was back up and operational in 5 minutes! Count me out for stuffy wooden enclosures and count me in for rack handles! And count me in for diversity and restoration, and spare 4B's!

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
Re: Diversity & Restoration
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2012, 02:50 pm »

Bravo to that :thumb:  Here's my 4Bst  .showing twin radiators...LOL :lol:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: Diversity & Restoration
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2012, 07:19 pm »
Regarding the recent topics on wooden cases and face plate handles for amplifiers. Count me out for wooden enclosures and count me "in" for rack mount handles. Last night we had a pre mothers day BBQ with a few friends. Our family room mains are powered by a original 4B housed in wooden cabinets. The party was in high gear with plenty of dancing when the left channel of the 4B overheated and shut down. I quickly ushered everyone out to the rear porch, where the music was still playing. I remembered I had a "spare" 4 B in the audio room (actually audio room system was disassembled for renovations). My buddy's were shaking there heads as I wheeled out with a "new" 4B carrying it by the convient front handles. Swapped out the overheated unit with the cool unit and was back up and operational in 5 minutes! Count me out for stuffy wooden enclosures and count me in for rack handles! And count me in for diversity and restoration, and spare 4B's!

:thumb: