Just listening to music

revrob

Just listening to music
« on: 12 May 2012, 08:13 pm »
Last night I was just sort of kicking back listening to music on my Salk HT3s and thought music can not get better than this other than live music. I have had the speakers for a few years now and I am still amazed at the quality.

It is hard to believe the music could get better. I know people say there are better speakers but I have yet to hear them. Maybe in a few years I might venture up the Salk line to some SoundScape 8's.

I guess I realized how content thess speakers make me feel. Just a few cents of my thoughts.

Peace

jsalk

Re: Just listening to music
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2012, 11:20 pm »
We very often receive emails like this.  Building speakers is far more work than most would imagine.  And, from time to time, I wonder if it is worth all the effort.  But then we read messages like this or get a phone call from out of the blue from someone expressing appreciation for the speakers we built for them and it makes it all worthwhile.  It makes us realize what, in the end, this business is all about...the sheer enjoyment of listening to great music reproduced with precision.

Thanks for the kind words...

- Jim

revrob

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2012, 11:58 pm »
Jim,

I understand what you mean. I am the Sr. Pastor of a church and music is one of the things I really enjoy. Sometime I also wonder if people really understand the time and sacrifice it takes to do my job.

I hoping there is a Salk room in heaven for the times the choir takes a break.

Peace.

dduval

« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2012, 12:09 am »
Hi,

I'm new here and have been on the fence about Salk HT2-TL's. I could not help but make my (I think) first post and comment how just reading the above has pretty much made up my mind, jumping off the fence and joining the Salk family. Very inspiring words...thanks Rob, and Jim...:)

Dana

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2012, 02:13 am »
Jim,

I understand what you mean. I am the Sr. Pastor of a church and music is one of the things I really enjoy. Sometime I also wonder if people really understand the time and sacrifice it takes to do my job.

What a great post.  I sometimes think we fixate on little differences between various models of speakers and overlook the main point--if whatever model you own is doing its assigned task of reproducing music accurately, little deviations in frequency response range or soudstaging characteristics make a lot more difference in theory than in actual enjoyment.  Also--I had to conduct a choir once.  And never again.  That's hard work. 

PSB Guy

« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2012, 03:32 pm »
Hi,

I'm new here and have been on the fence about Salk HT2-TL's. I could not help but make my (I think) first post and comment how just reading the above has pretty much made up my mind, jumping off the fence and joining the Salk family. Very inspiring words...thanks Rob, and Jim...:)

Dana
You won't regret it. Even at the lower end of the spectrum, it's truly amazing the sound quality that Jim and company achieve with their designs, materials and execution.

Cornelis

Nuance

« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2012, 09:19 pm »
Jim,

Peace.

I hope so. :). And let me just say I am truly thankful for your job and what you do.

Hi,

Dana

Best audio related decision you'll ever make.  Congrats sir!

Richard in Idaho

« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2012, 12:43 am »
While I would love to have a pair of SS8s I can't how one can get more speaker for the money than my Songbirds.

rick_reynolds40

« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2012, 12:48 am »
While I would love to have a pair of SS8s I can't how one can get more speaker for the money than my Songbirds.

I feel the same way about my Songtowers with the RAAL.  I have 2 friends with speakers costing more than twice as much and they have both told me they would trade me straight up.  No way I would of course.

Great thread.

ratso

« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2012, 02:58 am »
 i can't really think of a better life's work than doing something that helps other people get more enjoyment out of life. i love music as much as anything and not a day goes by that my speakers don't make my life a little better. hell, some days it makes my life a LOT better  :thumb:

funkmonkey

« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2012, 06:03 pm »
Yeah, I'll throw my 2¢ in here. 

Jim, you are improving the lives of us all.  Not only are you providing us owners with great sounding speakers that let us get lost in the music, you have also enabled us to bring this level of sound reproduction into our homes by turning your speakers into beautiful pieces of furniture that our significant others actually enjoy looking at (or at least don't mind having in the room)  :thumb:

Thanks.

great thread revrob

revrob

« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2012, 06:22 pm »
Thank you Jim and the rest of you for the kind words. Music helps me to relax and it also helps me to focus and the Salks do that better than any speaker I have listen to or owned.

I am also privileged to listen to live music every week as we have a pretty good Worship Band. But when I get home I don't feel as though I given up much in sound quality even though our sound system is over $100K.

Jim, keep up the great work and I will keep you in my prayers.

Peace.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2012, 06:23 pm »
I let my system run 24/7.  I finally had a chance to sit in the room last night after about 5 days in abstinence due to travel and busy-ness.

I cranked it up a few notches higher than normal and holy shiite did it rock.  Freaking awesome.  Right up until the moment the wifey walked in the room and killed the mood.

Slight tweaks include an Audiophileo USB converter after the Touch using the digital only output and putting the Black Treasures in the preamp.  Yowser!