Archos less than 200 miles from 46514 I can listen to??????

bigbang

Would love to hear a pair as it is time to move on/up from my not so current rig. Anyone willing to give a demo? Looks like Pontiac would be about 3.5 hours one way.

I'd be happy to supply a beverage of your choice for the opportunity and I promise not to take up too much of your time talking shop.

Big Red Machine

Re: Archos less than 200 miles from 46514 I can listen to??????
« Reply #1 on: 4 May 2012, 12:55 am »
There are no Archos in the shop I am aware of.  Not a model that gets much action.  What is your price range?

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 4 May 2012, 02:11 pm »
BRM is correct.  The Archos is a great design, but limited in terms of application compared to many of our other speakers.  So the demand for them has been limited and we have not built all that many pairs.  It is unlikely you will find a pair anywhere near you.  We don't currently have any at our shop in Pontiac either.  We would have to build a pair. 

If you are really interested in this design, let me know what kind of finish you would want if you liked them.  We could then build a spec pair in that finish and you could come and listen to them.  If you liked them, you could take them home.  If not, we would have a pair around for demonstration purposes.

- Jim

Warpdrv

• There's NO ESCAPING the SoundScape !!
« Reply #3 on: 4 May 2012, 06:10 pm »

If you are really interested in this design, let me know what kind of finish you would want if you liked them.  We could then build a spec pair in that finish and you could come and listen to them.  If you liked them, you could take them home.  If not, we would have a pair around for demonstration purposes.

- Jim

Who does that sort of thing..... :o :duh:

IMO, that is what sets Salk apart from any other manufacturer out there...

That my friends is great CS....   

Well played Jim... !!!!

bigbang

« Reply #4 on: 4 May 2012, 07:32 pm »
That's how he gets ya! :lol:

May have to take a drive up there after all.

Nuance

« Reply #5 on: 4 May 2012, 11:45 pm »

Who does that sort of thing..... :o :duh:

IMO, that is what sets Salk apart from any other manufacturer out there...

That my friends is great CS....   

Well played Jim... !!!!

+1  Simply outstanding!