Did anyone pick up the 3 disc Panic Room set?

bubba966

« on: 22 May 2004, 03:00 am »
Just got my copy from Japan today. I'd ordered it long before it was announced here. I was a little annoyed when it did get announced here as it's a lot cheaper to buy a US copy than a Japanese copy. So as I couldn't cancel my order at the time, I figured I might be getting a bit better disc anyways.

But man, is this ever a sweet set! I've no idea how the US version is packaged, but the Japanese release is awesome. It's in a serious steel case (about 1mm thick, or 3/32") that makes the case that the T2 Extreme Edition comes in look like cheap K-Mart crap! :o

So far I'm glad I didn't cancel the order when I had a chance. Don't know when I'll have a chance to watch it as I've got to finish watching the 2 other movies I got yesterday (LOTR: ROTK & Underworld The Unrated Extended Cut).

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2004, 04:06 am »
I just wasn't interested enough in the movie to bother watching it in the first place.  The reviews were pretty lukewarm, and no one I've talked to really enjoyed it much.  I gather you must've liked it quite a bit to shell out the bucks for the 3 disc set...

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2004, 04:30 am »
I did like it for some reason. But I've never quite been able to explain why.

It wasn't great. But I certainly didn't think it sucked. And I did just drop about $75 on the 3 disc Japanese set :roll:

So it might be worth your time to at least give it a watch...

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2004, 02:59 am »
So, I'm guessing no one else has this?