PMC OB1/FB1 speakers

zeidoun

PMC OB1/FB1 speakers
« on: 21 May 2004, 03:05 pm »
Any comments on these two models from PMC? I am looking for new speakers for my Bryston BP25/4BSST combo.
Thanks,

Val

PMC OB1/FB1 speakers
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2004, 08:31 pm »
Both are excellent. I loved the original FB1 and the new FB1 may be superior due to new drivers, but if you can afford it and your room isn't small, the OB1 is as good a speaker as you can find at up to twice its price or even more. Either speaker would be an excellent partner for your Bryston combo and I would suggest at least triwiring the OB1s.

Val

zeidoun

PMC OB1/FB1 speakers
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2004, 05:09 pm »
Thanks for your comment Val.

John L

PMC OB1/FB1 speakers
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2004, 06:41 am »
I have the FB1's and the TB2's for surround. They are VERY revealing of the disc being played. Any errors by musicians will be heard. Any buzzing guitar strings will be heard. In my opinion, this is exactly what a speaker should do. Reveal everything, good and bad. Also, they put out a nice big sound and can also play very loud without distortion. I've only had this complete set-up for about a month now. I'm a bit dissapointed that PMC is announcing the FB1+ . My dealer should have notified me about this before I purchased. But, I am VERY pleased with them. The new tweeter being offered may be a better one. Good Luck.

John