FS: Morel Ultimate Custom Built Subwoofer with amplifier

nicksgem10s

An upcoming move is going to leave me without a dedicated two channel audio room.

My current system occupies two audio racks and that will not work moving forward.

Up for sale is a subwoofer I built recently for two channel use.

This design and driver were chosen for sound quality and accuracy for music use.

This is not a subwoofer designed for maximum output in a home theater.

The driver used is the Morel UW1058 10" Ultimate Subwoofer. This driver retails for $400 and is an incredibly advanced design.

The cabinet is built using Smith & Fong Plyboo Bamboo plywood which is the best material I have ever seen used for speaker or sub cabinetry. It is very expensive and can be hard to source.

Included in the sale is a Dayton Audio SA1000 that is like new. It is one of the best subwoofer amplifiers available today and goes for $425. It is the current version that is being sold now.  Stock photo below.

It allows the user to dial in the sub based on their specific system and musical tastes.

It is a full size amplifier and has a very high build quality. It can be used to drive one or two subwoofers.

This is a package sale of the custom Morel sub and SA1000 amplifier and cable.

The cable is the DIY White Lightning wire terminated with plugs that are compatible with the excellent GR Research / Electra Tube connectors that are installed on the back of the subwoofer cabinet. They are cutting edge technology and the closest thing to using bare wire.

I will not separate them.

It is very natural sounding and not boomy like many subwoofers.

Subwoofer dimensions 16.25" x 17.5" x 17"

$900 includes paypal and Fed Ex Ground shipping to lower 48 US.

pardales

Re: FS: Morel Ultimate Custom Built Subwoofer with amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2012, 04:14 pm »
Great sub and great seller. I've heard this sub in Nick's system and it is superb.

nicksgem10s

« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2012, 01:49 am »
Price drop to $875 shipped

I will also be at AK Fest if you want to meet up while you are at the show  :thumb:

nicksgem10s

« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2012, 10:00 pm »
Price reduced to $850 includes paypal and Fed Ex Ground shipping to lower 48 US.

-Nick

nicksgem10s

« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2012, 09:54 pm »
Price reduced to $825 includes paypal and Fed Ex Ground shipping to lower 48 US.

-Nick

nicksgem10s

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jun 2012, 07:05 pm »
Price reduced to $800 includes paypal and Fed Ex Ground shipping to lower 48 US.

It would cost quite a bit more just to buy materials let alone have this built and shipped.

-Nick

nicksgem10s

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2012, 12:28 am »
Price reduced to $775 includes paypal and Fed Ex Ground shipping to lower 48 US.

This price includes subwoofer, subwoofer amplifier, and speaker cable from amp to sub.

It would cost quite a bit more just to buy materials let alone have this built and shipped.

-Nick

nicksgem10s

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jul 2012, 09:37 pm »
Price reduced to $750 includes paypal and Fed Ex Ground shipping to lower 48 US.

This price includes subwoofer, subwoofer amplifier, and speaker cable from amp to sub.

Located in Troy, MI.

-Nick

nicksgem10s

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jul 2012, 12:21 am »
Excellent sub, amp, cable package is still available for sale   :thumb:

nicksgem10s

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jul 2012, 03:20 pm »
Price reduced to $725 includes paypal and Fed Ex Ground shipping to lower 48 US.

Located in Troy, MI.

-Nick

ZLS

« Reply #10 on: 21 Jul 2012, 04:43 pm »
    I purchased an Amp that Nick built in which the quality of construction is only outdone by the beauty of its
sound. 
    If I did not have two subwoofers on order, I would be all over this like white on rice!
    I promise that whoever purchases this will not only be extremely happy, they will consider it one of the best purchases they ever made. 
    Just to see the care that Nick takes in boxing things up to ship them is a treat unto itself. 

mr_bill

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jul 2012, 04:55 pm »
Hey nick
Is there any way to know what the frequ response is - the lower limit?

pardales

« Reply #12 on: 21 Jul 2012, 06:44 pm »
    I purchased an Amp that Nick built in which the quality of construction is only outdone by the beauty of its
sound. 
    If I did not have two subwoofers on order, I would be all over this like white on rice!
    I promise that whoever purchases this will not only be extremely happy, they will consider it one of the best purchases they ever made. 
    Just to see the care that Nick takes in boxing things up to ship them is a treat unto itself.

Agreed. Great AC member and great guy. Not to mention, great sub.

nicksgem10s

« Reply #13 on: 21 Aug 2012, 03:59 pm »
First serious buyer with $700 gets to enjoy this excellent subwoofer and amplifier.

Please only contact about buying if you are ready to purchase now.  Thank you.

-Nick

Chipbyrd

« Reply #14 on: 21 Aug 2012, 09:51 pm »
Have you done any measurements for low frequency response?

nicksgem10s

« Reply #15 on: 3 Sep 2012, 03:09 pm »
Sub, amp, and cable still available.

I do not have any measurement gear or a complete system at this time to provide any measurements.

The Morel Ultimate drivers are state of the art and the sound quality will not let you down.  Sealed box design for clean bass that is perfect for two channel.

Happy Labor Day!

-Nick

Chipbyrd

« Reply #16 on: 3 Sep 2012, 03:23 pm »
Hello Nick,

Do you ever get to the west side of the state?  I am in Holland, MI.

nicksgem10s

« Reply #17 on: 13 Sep 2012, 02:58 am »
No longer for sale

Moderators please delete or close thread.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2012, 09:47 pm by nicksgem10s »

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #18 on: 13 Sep 2012, 09:15 am »
Chip,

Recommend you take a drive if really interested.  I'm from mid-Michigan and travel around the state to hear stuff, visit audiobuds, and attend audiofests (Traverse City, Cadillac, Mt. Pleasant, Livonia, and Ann Arbor so far this year).  You don't really expect Nick to drive 6 hours round trip to act like a door-to-door saleman, do you?  Besides there are three or four decent audio shops in the Detroit area to visit while you're over there.