BCD-1 Tray opening Issue- Need Help!

ken40

BCD-1 Tray opening Issue- Need Help!
« on: 5 Apr 2012, 09:23 pm »
Newbie here with one of my first posts. I hope someone can help. I've even emailed Mike Pickett at Bryston but have not gotten a response yet. I just sold one of my BCD-1 units to a buyer in another state. It has worked flawlessly for the amount of time I've owned it. I only sold it because I got a great deal on a silver unit to match my newly aquired 4B-SST2 amp (which is still unfortunately in VT getting a Transformer transplant operation). (Am I having bad luck or what?) Although, I didn't ship it in the OEM Bryston BCD-1 box, I packaged it very well in another Bryston box comparable in size that I had and wrapped in bubble wrap very nicely.

The buyer gets it last night, powers it up and he claims the the tray won't open and the LCD reads "error" on it. I tried giving him suggestions as to what he can do to possibly "reset" it in hopes that may help but to no avail. Without going into to much detail of what I told him to try like unplugging and plugging the unit in the outlet, making sure the tray is shut all the way, trying the remote button to open the unit, can anyone give me some suggestions as to what to try to get this thing operating correctly or tell me what may have happened? I'm positive it did not have a cd left inside and the Buyer claimed the packaging was not damaged in any way showing signs of mishandling. I even put a small piece of masking tape over the tray to keep it shut while wrapping several wraps over bubble wrap around the unit to simulate the original foam they use to keep the tray closed in the OEM box.

Anything any of you Bryston fans can offer to remedy this would certainly be appreciated as I was not the original owner and do not have the orig receipt or know where it was originally purchased from. I'm sure without the receipt, fixing it would be costly. All I know, this unit worked great when it left my house.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BCD-1 Tray opening Issue- Need Help!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2012, 10:11 pm »
Newbie here with one of my first posts. I hope someone can help. I've even emailed Mike Pickett at Bryston but have not gotten a response yet. I just sold one of my BCD-1 units to a buyer in another state. It has worked flawlessly for the amount of time I've owned it. I only sold it because I got a great deal on a silver unit to match my newly aquired 4B-SST2 amp (which is still unfortunately in VT getting a Transformer transplant operation). (Am I having bad luck or what?) Although, I didn't ship it in the OEM Bryston BCD-1 box, I packaged it very well in another Bryston box comparable in size that I had and wrapped in bubble wrap very nicely.

The buyer gets it last night, powers it up and he claims the the tray won't open and the LCD reads "error" on it. I tried giving him suggestions as to what he can do to possibly "reset" it in hopes that may help but to no avail. Without going into to much detail of what I told him to try like unplugging and plugging the unit in the outlet, making sure the tray is shut all the way, trying the remote button to open the unit, can anyone give me some suggestions as to what to try to get this thing operating correctly or tell me what may have happened? I'm positive it did not have a cd left inside and the Buyer claimed the packaging was not damaged in any way showing signs of mishandling. I even put a small piece of masking tape over the tray to keep it shut while wrapping several wraps over bubble wrap around the unit to simulate the original foam they use to keep the tray closed in the OEM box.

Anything any of you Bryston fans can offer to remedy this would certainly be appreciated as I was not the original owner and do not have the orig receipt or know where it was originally purchased from. I'm sure without the receipt, fixing it would be costly. All I know, this unit worked great when it left my house.

Sounds like a damaged tray. Ask him to email me and we will get him sorted.

James

ken40

Re: BCD-1 Tray opening Issue- Need Help!
« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2012, 10:54 pm »
James,
 I'm anxiuosly awaiting his email for today as the Buyer said he was going to try another thing or two with the unit after he arrived home from work today. When I hear back from him, I surely will pass on your email to him. My sincere thanks to you in whatever you can do for us and also for promptly getting involved after my post. Just gives me more reasons to keep buying more Bryston products.