Headphone Rig Pics

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Headphone Rig Pics
« Reply #20 on: 30 Apr 2012, 03:08 pm »

Picture taken with my tablet camera, Acer Iconia A500 with Android 4.0 ICS....its not bad, first time I've used it and I'm real happy with this picture. The sun is beaming directly in the window next to the HE5LE's and this thing is showing no glare....my nice camera shows glare.....

Anyway I just have stuff all over...LOL....TADAC is half on top of some Schiit and half a foot away...my Grado's top right and HE5LE's top left(Grill is not silver on the earpiece, its Black, wierd reflection)..SB Touch(Can you name the album playing??)***, Virtue 2.2 behind it and Piano M1 proudly on the right with a dock for ???? on top of the Piano??? (Can you guys guess.....LOL).***
 :thumb:

ajzepp

« Reply #21 on: 30 Apr 2012, 03:54 pm »
Ed, that is like an audio enthusiasts playroom!! Id spend all day in there playing with that gear lol  :thumb:

Which Grados are those again?

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #22 on: 30 Apr 2012, 05:41 pm »
Australian Grado SR125's modded by me- the Limba wood earpieces make them sound great, they used Limba to make some very serious violins back in the day. The only thing stock is some plastic from the original earcups and the wire headphone band, cord and earpiece bracket assemblies...LOL :thumb:

ajzepp

« Reply #23 on: 30 Apr 2012, 07:43 pm »
Australian Grado SR125's modded by me- the Limba wood earpieces make them sound great, they used Limba to make some very serious violins back in the day. The only thing stock is some plastic from the original earcups and the wire headphone band, cord and earpiece bracket assemblies...LOL :thumb:

Nice!

Douger

« Reply #24 on: 6 May 2012, 06:12 pm »
My Nottingham Space 294/Grado Gold1, Grado PS500 phones, Bottlehead Smack amp, Philips CDR820 transport, Musical Fidelity M1DAC, and AVA Super PAS3i preamp.

ajzepp

« Reply #25 on: 6 May 2012, 08:17 pm »
Nice Doug! How do you like that M1 DAC?

Douger

« Reply #26 on: 6 May 2012, 10:40 pm »
I am very happy with it. I was starting to investigate DAC's and was afraid I would need to spend $2000 or more when Stereophile had that nice endorsement, and my dealer got it in. It makes old CD's sound much more real, and with it my CD's approach the quality of the vinyl! The 294 with the
12" arm and the properly damped Grado Gold is very good...
Thanks, AJ!