Headphone Rig Pics

ajzepp

Headphone Rig Pics
« on: 4 Apr 2012, 10:06 pm »
I thought for sure we had a thread on here for posting pics of our headphone gear, but I went back a ways and couldn't find it. So, figured I'd start one :)  I know some of you guys have some pretty cool rigs, so let's see those pics!!

Here is the current state of Headphone Station-Z

slwiser

Re: Headphone Rig Pics
« Reply #1 on: 4 Apr 2012, 10:38 pm »

iBasso DX100 DAP
Senn HD-25-II-ii
Beyer DT1350
Westone W4r
all with Moon Audio IEM Silver Dragon Cable connector system
showing
quarter inch connector
eight inch connector
I also have a balanced connector for my SR-71B balanced amp

Main Headphone setup: SPL Phonitor, Lavry DA10, Squeezebox Touch powering my Senn HD800:

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 4 Apr 2012, 10:49 pm »
That gear is so badass lol...how do you like those Beyer 1350s?

slwiser

« Reply #3 on: 4 Apr 2012, 11:26 pm »
That gear is so badass lol...how do you like those Beyer 1350s?

My DT1350s are great...balanced their soundstage is like a full size headphone.  Now with the iBass DX100 is it single ended almost as good a soundstage as the SR-71B balanced.

I have a Senn Amperior with the Moon Audio IEM Silver Dragon cable system coming.

ajzepp

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2012, 12:04 am »
My DT1350s are great...balanced their soundstage is

Is that you Yoda?  :lol:

I would love to hear them...I've been listening to my T1s a lot, so I'm becoming a big fan of BeyerD. Drew at Moon Audio is going to make me an extension for the T1 using an actual stock T1 cable...seems like a cool guy. How do you like his cables?

slwiser

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2012, 08:27 am »
Is that you Yoda?  :lol:

I would love to hear them...I've been listening to my T1s a lot, so I'm becoming a big fan of BeyerD. Drew at Moon Audio is going to make me an extension for the T1 using an actual stock T1 cable...seems like a cool guy. How do you like his cables?

How do I like his cables,,apparently I have gone crazy over them with ordering four of them for various headphones.

Please don't construe my enjoyment of these cables as a solicitation for the vendor of them.  I lately on another forum have been warned that my enthusiasm for them has cross such a line.  Everyone is different and others may not and some will not have the same take on these as I do. 
« Last Edit: 5 Apr 2012, 10:27 pm by slwiser »

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2012, 12:17 pm »
You guys are killin' me here.  I have been buying "older" headphone amps...have two Headroom supremes now, but am going to have to step up if I ever decide to go otho.   Gotta get organized and put up a couple of pics.
HD650 (2)
HD598
FA-011
DT990....just got these.  a bit bright, but with eq...they are really growing on me.

Hibuck..

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #7 on: 5 Apr 2012, 02:24 pm »
A cool thread for sure. I am just getting back into headphone listening and working on building a tube headphone amp after getting caught up on work. With a wife that works till midnight, some night time listening through phones is very much needed for my "wind down" period. I'll post some pics as they become available.

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #8 on: 5 Apr 2012, 04:01 pm »
Looking forward to that Bill!
Have decided what output tubes you're going to use?  :drool:
Hibuck....

ajzepp

« Reply #9 on: 5 Apr 2012, 07:26 pm »
You guys are killin' me here.  I have been buying "older" headphone amps...have two Headroom supremes now, but am going to have to step up if I ever decide to go otho.   Gotta get organized and put up a couple of pics.
HD650 (2)
HD598
FA-011
DT990....just got these.  a bit bright, but with eq...they are really growing on me.

Hibuck..

Cant wait to see pics! :)

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #10 on: 5 Apr 2012, 08:46 pm »
Looking forward to that Bill!
Have decided what output tubes you're going to use? 
Hibuck....

Yes. As a matter of fact it will be based around the 6SL7 and E182. You are welcome to stop by and listen but at this time, it is only for personal use and not a marketed product. I want it for use at home as well as for some testing purposes of our products. Headphones can tell you a lot when using them as a test aid.

ajzepp

« Reply #11 on: 20 Apr 2012, 04:40 am »

Couple more pics...my other headphone stand just arrived...it's a Grado themed Larry Dale original  :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #12 on: 20 Apr 2012, 08:57 am »
I got left in the dust too HiBuck!!! Wow....DX100 and Phonitor stuff...I'm seriously jealous.
Anybody got anything they want to sell me...Hibuck want to unload a HD650????  LOL.....
 Zepp nice stands, slwiser how do the Westones sound? are they worth the bucks??

Douger

« Reply #13 on: 20 Apr 2012, 12:19 pm »
Really beautiful pics! AJ, that's very nice, I like the stand, and is that a pair of PS1000's? I also have been left in the dust, haha!

ajzepp

« Reply #14 on: 20 Apr 2012, 12:45 pm »
Really beautiful pics! AJ, that's very nice, I like the stand, and is that a pair of PS1000's? I also have been left in the dust, haha!

Nah, the dust is still intact lol...that's just my 325s :)

slwiser

« Reply #15 on: 20 Apr 2012, 09:44 pm »
slwiser how do the Westones sound? are they worth the bucks??

I can't speak to anyone value for the 4r but I do like them and they are comfortable for IEMs.  I added a IEM Silver Dragon cable from Moon Audio and these cables opened the sound up even more in my opinion.

R_burke

« Reply #16 on: 27 Apr 2012, 01:40 pm »

Thunderpants TP-1s in African Blackwood

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #17 on: 27 Apr 2012, 02:33 pm »
Thanks slwiser for the info on the Westones.....I keep wanting to try some but even the 1's are over $100, I would want at least 2 or 3 for starters before getting 4's. Some folks love them some don't like anything else....its a lot of loot. IEM's are much harder for me to guess if they will fit the sound I like. Full size cans are more easily defined somehow.....anybody else find that its easier to pick full size over IEM's???

slwiser

« Reply #18 on: 27 Apr 2012, 06:09 pm »
.anybody else find that its easier to pick full size over IEM's???

I agree completely. It is hard to pick an IEM.  I have used only a couple and am keeping the Westones for now.

ajzepp

« Reply #19 on: 27 Apr 2012, 08:12 pm »
It won't be for a while, cause I don't use IEMs as often as I do my full sized cans, but maybe as a Christmas present to myself this year I want to get some of those JH Audio customs. Or maybe since I like my Atrios so much, I'll get some of their customs..I've read some really solid reviews on them, as well.