FS: Source Technologies 277SE Floor Standing Loudspeakers (Plus Sub-Lower Price)

Freo-1

Up for sale are a very nice pair of Source Technologies 277SE speakers I have had these for about 18 months, and they are one of the best speakers I've owned.  Very well balanced, low watage frinedly, amazing clairty, and very well built.  These speakers are cherry, and are a 9 of 10 cosmetically.  Will post pictures soon.

From the Source Technologies website:

277 SE Floor Standing Tower

277 SE is a reference quality floor standing system designed for demanding stereo or home theater use. It boasts 2 – 7” – Seas ™ woofers and a Dyna ™ silk dome tweeter.

A minimum phase crossover, featuring polypropylene capacitors and 2% air core inductors assures smooth transition between drive units and maintains time coherency. Extensive interior bracings substantially reduce resonances and minimize coloration.  An excellent all around system with exceptional ease of placement, the 277 SE is a true reference level tower for Home Theater and Stereo

Specifications:
System Design Differential 3 way dual 7”, vented, floor standing
Woofer/Midrange    2 – 7” Seas
Tweeter   1 “ Dyna Silk Dome
Crossover Minimum phase 100Hz, 1.7 kHz
Frequency Response      34 hz – 20 khz
Sensitivity 91 db  1 W – 1 M
Power Min-Max20 W– 300W
Impedance       6 ohms
Dimensions      36 “h x 8.5”w x 9.5”d.

The only reason for selling is that I was able to obtain a demo pair Cary Audio Silver Oak Model Ones, so these are available. 

Asking 700.00

These are a current model and sell for 2900.00 new.   Youu will be very hard pressed to find a better buy on speakers. 

Would prefer a local sale, but the orignal boxes are available, so shipping is an option.

Please email with questions.

PS: Currently using with a First Watt M2, and the sound is simply incredible.
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2012, 09:59 pm by Freo-1 »

Freo-1

Here are a few pictures:

Check out the build quality.  One of the best sounding speakers anywhere this price. 

Freo-1

Weekly Bump.

These (speakers) are some of the best kept secrets in audio.  The Source Technologies folks make some truly outstanding speakers, and use very high quality parts and construction techniques.

lowtech

Will these sound good with a class-d amplifier?

Freo-1

Will these sound good with a class-d amplifier?

Yep!

I actually have used them with several class D amps, and they were very revealing.

Freo-1

Freo-1

Bump.  You will be very hard presssed to find a speaker of this quality at this price. 

jmc207

Local pickup where? I can't seem to find that info, do I need glasses?  :)
Anyway, that's a great price on really good speakers. Someone should jump on this.

Freo-1

South Eastern New England Area

wharfrat

South Eastern New England Area

Donde?  Am I close enough, northern NJ to pick 'em up?  :D

Freo-1

Bump.  Still available. 
Asking 650.00 for local pickup.  A great deal!  For local pickup, will include a Polk Audio PSW 404 at no additional charge.  So, you get a great pair of speakers and a useable subwoofer.  Hard to beat that.
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2012, 08:45 pm by Freo-1 »

Freo-1

Bump. 
650.00 for a like new set of set of speakers and a subwoofer to boot.