FS: McIntosh MC402 - Beautiful 400 Watt Stereo Amplifier

cal3713

For sale is my McIntosh MC402, a beautifully powerful 400 Watt stereo amplifier (that can also be bridged for 800 W per channel in mono).  The pictures don't really do justice to this unit's physical beauty or build quality.  Classic McIntosh looks, with those spectacular glowing power gauges.  Weighing 144lbs, this amp is build to last a lifetime, powering any speaker effortlessly.  The link at the bottom of the ad is to McIntosh's website, where you can view further specifications for the amp.  The "Resources" tab for the MC402 also provides a link to an article in The Absolute Sound where Paul Seydor reviews the MC402... it was given the Editor’s Choice Award from this publication.  The amp is a current model that sells new for $7000.  There are a few used units out there (see audiogon, ebay, and msshifi.com) that all have it priced at $4500 (plus shipping).  I'm willing to sell mine for $4200.  I'll take cash, paypal, or a check (must clear the bank before transferring the amp).  Buyer pays any shipping and/or paypal fees.  You can view my audiogon feedback under user: cal3713.

Interested buyers are also welcome to come audition the unit before committing to a purchase.  You can also bring your old amp if you'd like to compare.  I'm confident the Mac will win. 

This unit is a 9 on the audiogon scale: original box, manual, power cord, and no scratches or other blemishes... just a few recent fingerprints from the picture taking session.  I am also willing to drive up to 2.5 hours to deliver the amp so that you don't have to take the substantial shipping hit.  I'm in Boulder, CO.

McIntosh MC402 product page: http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=Amplifiers&ProductId=MC402

cal3713

Re: FS: McIntosh MC402 - Beautiful 400 Watt Stereo Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2012, 06:18 pm »
Sale Pending

cal3713

Re: FS: McIntosh MC402 - Beautiful 400 Watt Stereo Amplifier
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2012, 05:21 am »
Sold.  Thanks.