Dual Larger Subs

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Dual Larger Subs
« on: 16 May 2004, 09:05 pm »
Well, I wanted to listen (watch) a movie before I do the Elmers glue tweak.  I put in matrix Revolutions and man did the bass slam!!   :guns:

The dual Largers are being powered by an Adcom GFA 555 Mk II.  I have a just back from the factory QSC PLX 3402 (it blew a rail and something else within 5 minutes of powering it up) in the box and a Crown K2 that will arrive on Wed.

Even without the tweak or amp upgrade I am simply amazed at the output the dual Largers can produce.  I literally felt my chair and heard my walls shake (will need to figure out a way to address that).  All of this with no distortion or single not bass.

I can only imagine what they wil be like with the Elmers and much better amp.

My hat is off to you Brian.   :thankyou:

Stay tuned for a report back after the changes.

George

sbcgroup1

Subs
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2004, 07:35 pm »
They are amazing. Finding Nemo has some good bass in it, believe it or not:) It felt like someone climbed up behind me and slugged me in the gut! Literally! Great stuff. Keep us updated on that glue improvement...:)

ctviggen

Dual Larger Subs
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2004, 12:09 pm »
Supposedly, in Finding Nemo, when the lady fish (what's her name?) knocks on the wall, it's incredibly deep.  Also, The Lord of the Rings is good, too.  Toy Story II, the beginning is good.  

Are you running the subs as stereo subs?  What kind of processor are you using?

zybar

• Volunteer
Dual Larger Subs
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2004, 01:07 am »
Bob,

I use an Outlaw 950 pre/pro (you can see the rest of my HT gear in the link below).

Right now I am only using the subs in HT and not 2 channel (via crossover in the Outlaw).  Once I get an external crossover I will start using them in the 2 channel setup as well.

George

ctviggen

Dual Larger Subs
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2004, 02:00 pm »
George,

You're magnanimous -- I'd have said, "look at my profile, dummy!"  I was going to buy the Outlaw 5-channel amp to do the HT duties, but I ended up buying a Lexicon (made by Bryston).  One day, I'm going to have to replace my Proceed AVP, and I might go with the Outlaw and a dedicated stereo preamp (maybe even tube).

bubba966

Dual Larger Subs
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2004, 03:46 pm »
George,

You might wanna edit your sig to actually point to your HT link instead of someone else's. :oops:

It's currently pointed here
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=systems;system=198

When it should be pointed here
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=systems;system=199

zybar

• Volunteer
Dual Larger Subs
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2004, 04:15 pm »
Thanks for letting me know.

Kind of weird seeing as how I haven't changes my signature in a very long time...

George

bubba966

Dual Larger Subs
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2004, 04:21 pm »
Guess no one was looking at your HT setup... :scratch: