AKSA 55 & EA 2.2SE

armstrg3

AKSA 55 & EA 2.2SE
« on: 16 May 2004, 06:32 pm »
Anyone have any thoughts on the performance of a solid state product (AKSA 55) and the digital (EA 2.2SE)? Both are offered as a DIY amp kits.

http://www.diycable.com/main/product_info.php?cPath=105_106&products_id=501

http://www.aksaonline.com/products/products_aksa55.html

Jens

AKSA 55 & EA 2.2SE
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2004, 07:32 pm »
The EA 2.2 SE is in fact the LC Audio ZapPulse 2.2 SE. It is not a digital amp, but a PWM amp, which is a bit different (and better, IMO). I use a PWM amp that utilises the same type of technology for my bass system, and it does the job very well indeed.

The ZapPulse amps are made in Denmark, and I've heard them on a few occasions. They are very good, especially if you have high power needs. And they do not sound "digital" in any way. Neither do they sound "over-muscular" like Krell and similar US "muscle" amps.

However, in my (very biased) opinion they lack the nerve that the AKSA amps have.

In other words, the choice between these amps would depend a bit on taste.

Cheers,

armstrg3

AKSA 55 & EA 2.2SE
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2004, 09:45 pm »
Jens -
You seem fairly well versed with both technologies, which amp would you recommend using with the Panasonic sa xr70? Or neither?

Jens

AKSA 55 & EA 2.2SE
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2004, 05:26 am »
Quote from: armstrg3
Jens -
You seem fairly well versed with both technologies, which amp would you recommend using with the Panasonic sa xr70? Or neither?

Hm - don't know the Panasonics, but unless they are very power-hungry, I'd use an AKSA any day.  :D

Cheers,

andyr

AKSA 55 & EA 2.2SE
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2004, 08:40 am »
Quote from: armstrg3
Jens -
Armstrg3, Jens has answered you and assumed the Panasonic sa xr70 is in fact a speaker.

Why don'tcha make it easier for all of us out here on the www (who have never seen your system) by in future assuming we don't know what an 'XXX' is??  In other words, be definitive - say ... "with the Panasonic sa xr70 speaker".

That way you might get more appropriate answers.

Regards,

Andy