FS: Selah Audio 3-way Dual Scan Speak Illuminator Towers $999 OBO - SOLD

jgman

Item Description

I am moving and regrettably I must sell my custom built tower speakers by Rick Craig from Selah Audio. These speakers are 3-way sealed towers in a Madisound MD-38 cabinet (maple). The woofers are two Scan-Speak 7" Illuminators. The mid is a Seas 5" "curve" cone and the tweeter is a SB Acoustics 1" metal dome. These are very nice drivers that are found on much more expensive speakers. The Illuminator woofers provide very fast and tight base. I use a separate subwoofer to provide low bass but they can easily be used alone, especially for music. The speakers can be passively bi-amped if you remove the straps. The lower set of terminals connect to the midrange and the upper terminals to the woofers and tweeter. The specifications are:

Measurements
67hz-20K (+/-3db)

Bass Extension: -10db @45hz

Impedance: 4 ohms nominal / 3.9 ohms minimum

86db sensitivity

Speakers are in beautiful condition and ship in original double boxes and include speaker grills.  Local pick-up from Northern Virginia/DC area welcome

Email me at jgiordano001@yahoo.com. 
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2012, 08:56 pm by jgman »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: FS: Selah Audio 3-way Towers
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2012, 01:48 pm »
price?

mca

Re: FS: Selah Audio 3-way Towers $1599 OBO
« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2012, 07:19 pm »

jgman

Re: FS: Selah Audio 3-way Towers $1399 OBO
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2012, 01:23 pm »
reduced

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: FS: Selah Audio 3-way Towers $1399 OBO - Reduced
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2012, 05:28 pm »
"...The lower set of terminals connect to the midrange and the upper terminals to the woofers and tweeter..."

surely, this is a typo?

doug s.

jgman

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2012, 12:53 pm »
surely, this is a typo?

doug s.

Nope that is accurate per Rick Craig....however dont need to biamp I was using a 45w/channel surround receiver as amp

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2012, 06:42 pm »
Nope that is accurate per Rick Craig....however dont need to biamp I was using a 45w/channel surround receiver as amp

i don't think so; i suggest you query rick to werify what he said.  you don't have one amp driving woofer and tweeter, and the other amp driving midrange.  and, i think the only way it would be possible, if for some strange reason you wanted to do it, would be for 3 separate speaker binding posts...

doug s.

jgman

« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2012, 09:09 pm »
i don't think so; i suggest you query rick to werify what he said.  you don't have one amp driving woofer and tweeter, and the other amp driving midrange.  and, i think the only way it would be possible, if for some strange reason you wanted to do it, would be for 3 separate speaker binding posts...

doug s.

I confirmed with Rick Craig, that the biamp scenario is in fact accurate.

jgman

Re: FS: Selah Audio 3-way Towers $1199 OBO - Reduced from $1399
« Reply #8 on: 1 May 2012, 07:05 pm »
Reduced price on 5/1

ricardojoa

« Reply #9 on: 1 May 2012, 07:57 pm »
These are good ones for the price. The 4 illumanator are all worth it.

saeyedoc

« Reply #10 on: 1 May 2012, 08:01 pm »
Surprised the lower end performance isn't better. The monitors with only one Illuminator get better bass extension, I guess this isn't ported?

wushuliu

« Reply #11 on: 1 May 2012, 08:07 pm »
Surprised the lower end performance isn't better. The monitors with only one Illuminator get better bass extension, I guess this isn't ported?

As mentioned in the original post they're 45hz at -10db, so in-room response will fill in the low end, with tight but not boomy bass. For 2 channel listening this should be adequate for most, especially if near-wall. This is a *very* good price.

jgman

« Reply #12 on: 2 May 2012, 04:43 pm »
They were built to be used with a subwoofer. I like to be able to tweak the lower bass using the level controls via a separate subwoofer.

jgman

Re: FS: Selah Audio 3-way Towers $1099 OBO - Great Deal!!
« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2012, 02:16 pm »
Must sell.....this is a fantastic deal on some really nice tower speakers.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2012, 03:06 pm by jgman »

jgman

Price reduction

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
At a glance the price looked like 9,990 to me, you might want to put a space in there so new folks looking won't pass by.....just a thought.

mrhyfy

Come on people,,the drivers alone are worth the price!!

jimdgoulding

These appear to be sealed box acoustic suspension speakers.  Still, two 7" drivers should deliver deeper bass unless I am missing something.  All the same, GREAT value, I should think.

mrhyfy

I agree,,if you port these puppies they would go WAY deeper,,no sub required!

jackman

These were designed to be sealed. I would not recommend Porting them.  Also, I'm pretty sure the will go much deeper than your little two way monitors.   Rick's measurements are most likely very conservative.   Also, I'm not a fan of ported speakers. 

I'm amazed these haven't sold yet but don't think the delay has anything to do with performance.  I bet these sound very good and the price is right.