New X-Otica Speaker System

Ron

New X-Otica Speaker System
« on: 21 Mar 2012, 08:52 pm »
Danny,

I heard that you might be offering a new speaker system kit sometime this year called the X-Otica. If so can you at least provide some preliminary information? Will it be an OB subwoofer only using your new 8" woofers or will it be a full range type system? Any info you can provide will be appreciated.

dvenardos

Ron

Re: New X-Otica Speaker System
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2012, 11:37 am »
 Thanks for posting the info link Don.

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2012, 03:18 pm »
Yeah, it won't look anything like that.

The actual speaker will use the X-Series Encore tweeter in a wave guide with a pair of our new 16 ohm woofers in an MTM arrangement.

Below that will be 3 of our 8" servo subs. You can read all about the drivers in this thread.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=97188.0

All of this will be on an open baffle.

rockdrummer

« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2012, 03:32 pm »
HOLY CRAP I can't wait!  I need to focus on work.  .  .  . 

Ron

« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2012, 04:17 pm »
Wow!!  My guess is that it is going to be a really killer system. Hope it won't be too much longer before it will be available.

cujobob

« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2012, 03:50 pm »
Danny, why have you decided to stick with the encore tweeter for the waveguide application instead of something more high end? Will the x pro also use this tweeter?

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 24 Mar 2012, 05:09 pm »
Danny, why have you decided to stick with the encore tweeter for the waveguide application instead of something more high end? Will the x pro also use this tweeter?

It is one of the best dome tweeters on the market. I can't think of one that is more than just marginally better. Plus it has a low Fs and a large rear air chamber. So it is ideal for a wave guide.