Dr.HOUSE Canceled

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.

Ericus Rex

Re: Dr.HOUSE Canceled
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2012, 03:54 pm »
Not all that surprised.  I was a dedicated viewer for the middle 4 or 5 seasons.  I watched the finale where House drove into Cuddy's dining room and never picked it up again the following fall...and didn't feel like I was missing much.  I guess his shtick (how the hell do you spell that word?!?!) got a little predictable after a couple of seasons.  It seems nobody's been all that excited about the show the past couple of years.  I hope Laurie goes on to do other great things as he's a pretty good actor, methinks.

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2012, 04:59 pm »
Yes, shtick is the correct spelling (one of several) and I got tired of it part of the way through one show and never went back except for brief visits to confirm that the show really only had one "shtick", "schtick", or "shtik".  Spelled differently but all meaning the same thing. 

House was a one-trick pony. Patient is going to die.  House tries to hurry it along with shoot-from-the-hip wrong treatment. Eventually he figures it out. Obnoxious and critical to a fault. If he was my doctor I would kill myself and save him the trouble.  :lol:

Not all that surprised.  I was a dedicated viewer for the middle 4 or 5 seasons.  I watched the finale where House drove into Cuddy's dining room and never picked it up again the following fall...and didn't feel like I was missing much.  I guess his shtick (how the hell do you spell that word?!?!) got a little predictable after a couple of seasons.  It seems nobody's been all that excited about the show the past couple of years.  I hope Laurie goes on to do other great things as he's a pretty good actor, methinks.

wilsynet

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2012, 08:23 pm »
The first 2 seasons I thought were genuinely good and made me laugh out loud.  But after that, it got a bit stale and lost its charm.  They had a good run.

WGH

« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2012, 01:32 am »
Glad the show is ending now before House takes his new team water skiing and they all have to jump the shark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDthMGtZKa4

Wayne

Gopher

« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2012, 01:37 am »
Yep.  House had legitimate entertainment value... once upon a time.

They've been struggling to hold on to the dream for a while now.  Time to put her down. 

TONEPUB

« Reply #6 on: 21 Mar 2012, 01:47 am »
Agreed, when House broke up with Cuddy, I couldn't see anywhere else for the series to go.

cujobob

« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2012, 07:32 am »
I don't watch it regularly, but I think he did a fantastic job with the character. It's a show about medicine with only one funny character and without the suspense or drama other shows offer, it's amazing it did as well as it did.

DeadFish

« Reply #8 on: 21 Mar 2012, 05:16 pm »
Loved the show, but they lost me as a regular when House did prison time.
The vicodin angle only took the show so far.
Hope Hugh Laurie does some more music now that he'll have the time though!  (Anyone like his blues album? I did!)

setamp

« Reply #9 on: 21 Mar 2012, 06:08 pm »
Just when I think they are out of ideas, Park takes a trip.  Great!

Unfortunately, the old formula is recycled for 75% of the season with only flashes of brilliance.

chrisby

« Reply #10 on: 21 Mar 2012, 08:17 pm »
Loved the show, but they lost me as a regular when House did prison time.
The vicodin angle only took the show so far.
Hope Hugh Laurie does some more music now that he'll have the time though!  (Anyone like his blues album? I did!)

helluva surprise actually  particularly - St James Infirmary - the boy can play the piano a little bit

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #11 on: 21 Mar 2012, 08:20 pm »
I was a fan of the show for several years but it has now become predictable and monotonous and too much like a soap opera.