VR-33 Audition

dean67

VR-33 Audition
« on: 19 Mar 2012, 08:30 pm »
I'm interested in the VR-33. Does anyone have VR-33's in or near Houston Texas that would be willing to let me audition the speakers? I haven't heard any VSA speakers, let alone the VR-33.  After reading reviews and comments about the VR-33, I called VSA to ask some questions concerning  use of the speakers with my current electronics, placement as related to my room size and details concerning the 90-day trial.  I got a call back later that night from Mr. Von Scheikert and spent about a very interesting hour on the phone with him and he mentioned that he recalls only one person wanting to return a pair and it was because they just couldn't afford to keep them at the time. I feel comfortable with the return policy but the shipping cost of returning them is my only concern.  I think that I will like them, but I'd prefer to audition a pair first.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: VR-33 Audition
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2012, 12:38 pm »
I've heard them with different amplification, both tubes and SS, and they are superb especially given the price.

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
Re: VR-33 Audition
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2012, 02:19 pm »
I am the Von Schweikert dealer in Texas and I have a customer with a pair of VR35's. If you would like to give them a listen my # is (972)754-8359. Regards, Scott