3b-st or 3b-sst in biamp setup

94cdnm3

3b-st or 3b-sst in biamp setup
« on: 19 Mar 2012, 04:42 pm »
Hi fellow Brystonians,

I am currently biamping with a B60sst (tweeter) and a 2b-lp (mid-bass) on my Totem Arros along with a Totem Dreamcatcher sub.

I am looking ahead to a possibility of going to the Model 1 or even the Mani2 as an upgrade. Which of the 3b series would you suggest? I know that the sst improves on the st's highs but how much of a difference is it in the lower range? Thanks in advance for any and all input on this. Cheers!

SoundGame

Re: 3b-st or 3b-sst in biamp setup
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2012, 04:49 pm »
Hi fellow Brystonians,

I am currently biamping with a B60sst (tweeter) and a 2b-lp (mid-bass) on my Totem Arros along with a Totem Dreamcatcher sub.

I am looking ahead to a possibility of going to the Model 1 or even the Mani2 as an upgrade. Which of the 3b series would you suggest? I know that the sst improves on the st's highs but how much of a difference is it in the lower range? Thanks in advance for any and all input on this. Cheers!

The sst2 employs first to last watt technology - so there are performance enhancements, though evolutionary and not revolutionary across the frequency spectrum over the sst.  That said, there is a larger difference between the ST and SST than between the SST and SST2 series.

For the Model 1, a 3B of any of the series should be enough but they can benefit from more power such as that from a 4B.  If you are looking at the Mani2 - don't go for anything less than a 4B, they are a very difficult load.