LClock XO2 ordering -- frequency?

ctviggen

« on: 15 May 2004, 02:21 am »
How do I know what frequency to order?  I have a Pioneer Elite dv-38A.  I can take the DVD/CD player apart.  Also, are any other tweeks recommended?

Thanks!

Kevin P

• http://www.diycable.com
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2004, 02:54 am »
Most every DVD player uses a 27Mhz clock.   Having said that I tell everyone to open up their player and check to see what they are getting into before ordering parts.   If you have problems with finding the clock and reading a frequency from it youare never going to be able to modify the player.  

I recommend that anyone installing a clock have some experience working on PCBs and you should have some basic electronic skills.    Whenever you work on your own gear there is the possiblity of damaging the equipment so take careful stock of your abilities.   If you have any doubts use an experienced technician.   I can give you plenty of recommendations based upon the people I work with.

ctviggen

« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2004, 05:10 pm »
Thanks, Kevin.  I'll have to take it apart.  I have a BSEE and an MSEE and used to work as an engineer programming DSPs and developing and debugging boards.  (I'm now a patent attorney, so my soldering skills have waned somewhat, but I can solder most things -- except I miss a good soldering iron; the Radio Shack ones take too long to get hot and don't stay hot long enough).