highway to hell

Rclark

highway to hell
« on: 3 Mar 2012, 07:15 pm »
Finishing off my ac/dc collection, been neglected for a while, and picked up highway last night, the remaster.

this album, I'd never heard beyond the overplayed title song. Glad I got it, every song is great, and its incredible how its sound simply hasn't become dated, compared to many many many bands of the era. If this album came out today unchanged it would take the world by storm.

:roll:The remaster, very rich, clean, punchy as "hell", very live sounding. Kicks major booty on my modded Maggie's. It wails, as it were. Can't wait to throw some Ncore at them.

PRELUDE

Re: highway to hell
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2012, 10:52 pm »
Finishing off my ac/dc collection, been neglected for a while, and picked up highway last night, the remaster.

this album, I'd never heard beyond the overplayed title song. Glad I got it, every song is great, and its incredible how its sound simply hasn't become dated, compared to many many many bands of the era. If this album came out today unchanged it would take the world by storm.

:roll:The remaster, very rich, clean, punchy as "hell", very live sounding. Kicks major booty on my modded Maggie's. It wails, as it were. Can't wait to throw some Ncore at them.
How many AC/DC CDs you have right now?

Rclark

« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2012, 11:23 pm »
Lets see, Powerage, highway to hell, back in black, fly on the wall (Favorite), black ice.

dirty deeds next I think. Or ballbreaker.

briang

« Reply #3 on: 4 Mar 2012, 12:27 am »
Have you had a chance to hear '74 Jailbreak?  Good stuff.

PRELUDE

« Reply #4 on: 4 Mar 2012, 12:38 am »
Lets see, Powerage, highway to hell, back in black, fly on the wall (Favorite), black ice.

dirty deeds next I think. Or ballbreaker.
Here I am.The big AC/DC fan. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Rclark

« Reply #5 on: 4 Mar 2012, 12:44 am »
Oh hell yeah!  :green: :thumb:

Listening to highway here on my lunch break and still can't get over how good it is. Hey Prelude, how bout them Super V's??

Rclark

« Reply #6 on: 4 Mar 2012, 12:48 am »
I take that back, I have high voltage, not powerage.

PRELUDE

« Reply #7 on: 4 Mar 2012, 01:03 am »
Oh hell yeah!  :green: :thumb:

Listening to highway here on my lunch break and still can't get over how good it is. Hey Prelude, how bout them Super V's??
Sorry,I am not sure what you mean (super v's)
I do like the Fly on the wall too,but I think I like the  Flick of the switch more. :thumb:

Rclark

« Reply #8 on: 4 Mar 2012, 01:40 am »
Your new... Oh.. I mean Orion's! Sorry. Two very similar threads going, yours and a super V build.

Rclark

« Reply #9 on: 4 Mar 2012, 01:58 am »
Flick of the switch s even better? Damn ok I'll see if I can get it on my way home.

PRELUDE

« Reply #10 on: 4 Mar 2012, 02:13 am »
Flick of the switch s even better? Damn ok I'll see if I can get it on my way home.
Orion is a very nice speaker and with my amps they really play nice and loud.I listen to them everyday and I might make a dipole sub for them also.
Go get the album it is rocknrolllllll :thumb:
Watch out for speed.I almost got killed with the track #5 (LANDSLIDE)I drove throu the red light. :lol:

milford3

« Reply #11 on: 4 Mar 2012, 03:18 am »
One of my all time favorite DVD.  It just rocks the house.

Rclark

« Reply #12 on: 4 Mar 2012, 04:42 am »
Oooh DVD's and blurays. I would buy them in concert. Forgot to mention I also have Razor's Edge, which is frickin awesome.

kinda wanna go see them. Saw some interviews recently and they're looking pretty fit.

PRELUDE

« Reply #13 on: 4 Mar 2012, 05:03 am »
you should get this solo also.

How about Nazareth?

Rclark

« Reply #14 on: 4 Mar 2012, 07:21 am »
Nazareth? What's that? Wiki here I come..  :green:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #15 on: 4 Mar 2012, 07:51 am »

lonewolfny42

« Reply #16 on: 4 Mar 2012, 08:14 am »
To further "move down the highway" (after Nazareth)....check out The Cult.... :thumb:

"Electric"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yLVufAfby0

...or...

"Sonic Temple"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raql_Hh_NmU&feature=related

Rclark

« Reply #17 on: 4 Mar 2012, 08:39 am »
Lonewolf, thanks for stopping in  :thumb:. Those Nazareth links kick ass, I had no idea what I was missing. The Cult is one of my favorite bands though and I've got that covered, hell The Cult is so badass they deserve their own thread.

Rclark

« Reply #18 on: 4 Mar 2012, 09:17 am »
btw so far fav tracks of highway are a tossup between NightProwler, and Girl's Got Rythym.

"She got that Back Seat Rythym!!!"

lonewolfny42

« Reply #19 on: 4 Mar 2012, 09:21 am »
Lonewolf, thanks for stopping in  :thumb:. Those Nazareth links kick ass, I had no idea what I was missing. The Cult is one of my favorite bands though and I've got that covered, hell The Cult is so badass they deserve their own thread.

8)........Cool.

I'm guessing you've heard of Foghat... and Golden Earring..... :thumb:

Maybe some....Back Street Crawler...