help with frykleaner hook-up

cporada

help with frykleaner hook-up
« on: 2 Mar 2012, 12:28 am »
Hi everyone
I just got some new speaker cables (directional) and would like to be sure I hook them up correctly to burn them in on my original Frykleaner.  I think I remember Jim once telling me that “For directional cables, don't loop
them.  Drive the one side and short circuit the far end.  That is, strap the conductors together with an alligator clip or something.” Does this mean I should attached the black and red lead from one run of speaker cable to J2 and J3 and the red and black leads from the other speaker cable to J4 and J5 and then simply alligator clip the
spades from the red and black leads from each individual run together at the other end to "short" them while the Frykleaner runs?
I just want to be sure I do this correctly to actually burn-in the cables and not wreck them  :)
Thanks so much,
Chris

hagtech

Re: help with frykleaner hook-up
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2012, 06:46 pm »
You can do directional cables either way.  It is more "comforting" to drive the input side and short circuit the output.  Yes, you're description sounds correct. 

On the other hand, I realized a loop is ok because both ends of the cable are driven by a FryX device.  The cable becomes a "load" and not a conduit for transfer of power. 

jh

cporada

« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm »
Hi Jim
Thanks so much for the clarification!  So, in this scenario, J2, J3, J4, and J5 all work as "outputs" with Frykleaner signal coming out of each?  I had always thought of J2/J3 as "outputs" and J4/J5 as "inputs".  Is that not the correct way to think of things?
Thanks again
Chris

hagtech

« Reply #3 on: 4 Mar 2012, 07:23 am »
They are actually all outputs of different phase. 

jh