VMPS speaker value

mattdc10

VMPS speaker value
« on: 29 Feb 2012, 10:56 pm »
I recently purchased a pair of vmps subwoofers. I haven't decided whether to use them or sell them, and I am trying to figure out how much they are worth if i decide to sell them. I was hoping that someone could give me some advice on this matter. here is a pic of 1 of the speakers.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
Re: VMPS speaker value
« Reply #1 on: 1 Mar 2012, 01:46 am »
That's an Original Subwoofer, perhaps 12-15 years old.  It's worth about $200 if the driver is in good shape.

Conradicles

« Reply #2 on: 1 Mar 2012, 02:31 am »
I have one just like that and it is a fantastic sub. Take off the bottom piece of wood and make sure the passive radiator is in good condition. My passive radiator was/is perfect. Enjoy!

JP78

« Reply #3 on: 1 Mar 2012, 03:23 pm »
If you decide to sell, let us know where you're located. :)

mattdc10

« Reply #4 on: 1 Mar 2012, 09:32 pm »
I have decided to sell. My wife was just diagnosed with cancer in her throat and I am selling everything that I don't absolutely need that has value. I also have a B&k Industries ST-202 amplifier that I was using to drive them. I would be willing to sell that as well. I live in Olympia Washington.

Ortolps

Re: VMPS SUB speaker value
« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2012, 09:28 pm »
I have one of these big subs. I bought it from an audiophile. I think he was upgrading the crossovers and terminals on the back. They are in bags.
  Does anyone want this monster. I don't know how to reinstall the everything.
That's an Original Subwoofer, perhaps 12-15 years old.  It's worth about $200 if the driver is in good shape.