Inexpensive audio rack

Austin08

Re: Inexpensive audio rack
« Reply #40 on: 6 Mar 2012, 06:45 am »
I bought a bunch of maple butcher block kitchen tables on Craigs List.  I then cut, stripped, sanded and refinished them.  If you are patient and have the tools and know-how, you can have a great result very cheaply.

I did the same thing. Hard work but cheap and build to my spec.

mhconley

« Reply #41 on: 6 Mar 2012, 12:29 pm »
Nah, you're okay Martin.  As long as you're not a professional anyone's allowed to say "wink, wink, check the trading post".

Thanks.  I tried to make a business of it but could not get it off the ground despite help from Albert Von Schweikert and Fritz at both the 2009 & 2010 RMAFs.  (Maybe if AFC Worldwide Express had not misplaced my shipment in 2009 - oh, well - no use crying over spilled milk.)

Sunnydaze (toobluvr) may remember our early correspondence on these forums when I was building my first rack.  It was research into building that rack that brought me to AudioCircle so at least one good thing came out of it...

Martin

sunnydaze

« Reply #42 on: 6 Mar 2012, 02:05 pm »
I do indeed Martin! 

Sorry your business did not work out, your stuff is very nice.

kbuzz3

Spikes for Ikea LAck Rack
« Reply #43 on: 12 Apr 2012, 07:08 pm »
On a similar vein to an old thread can anyone recommend a specific spike set/size for use with the ikea lack hack?  Bare floors no carpet

Dayton?
Madisound?
Ebay?

Thanks

chgolatin2

« Reply #44 on: 22 Apr 2012, 03:01 pm »
It seems like Ikea is the place to shop for audio racks plus the prices are even better~  Good DYI stuff to