"I will always love you".....

cheap-Jack

"I will always love you".....
« on: 19 Feb 2012, 07:18 pm »
Hi.

Every music lover should know or even love this song for good not just because of the sudden pass away of its famous singer: Whitney E. Houston.

For me, I just got bewitched by the deep-in-my-soul cry in her vibrant voice when I first heard it years back. What a talented singer! No wonder this song she sang got her 3rd Grammy Award in 1994, Record of the Year & the Best Vocal Performance, female awards, plus plus plus...

I am a devoted vinyl lover & have almost given up my digital music media, i.e.
CD & DVD-audio in this couple of years. Yet I pulled out her CD & listened her soul-awaking vioce of her famous song again, simply to recall her outstanding music life-time success yesterday.

May God be with her...

c-J

wisnon

Re: "I will always love you".....
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm »
I agree here...

Mike Nomad

« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2012, 12:34 pm »
Not a favorite of mine by any stretch. However, I find Houston's cover an amazing take vs. the original...Along the lines of a Hendrix/Dylan comparison for All Along The Watchtower.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2012, 01:56 pm »
Couldn't disagree more. The Whitney Houston version of this song just makes me grit my teeth. I want to immediately grab the volume control and turn it down whenever it comes on. I do agree though that WH was an incredible singer, I'm not a fan of the over the top vocals on that song.
The Dolly Parton version is not bad, in fact I kind of like it. My 2 cents FWIW.

wisnon

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2012, 01:58 pm »
So what do you think of One moment in time...the finale, right at the end?

cheap-Jack

« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2012, 01:41 pm »
Not a favorite of mine by any stretch.

Couldn't disagree more. The Whitney Houston version of this song just makes me grit my teeth. I want to immediately grab the volume control and turn it down whenever it comes on. The Dolly Parton version is not bad, in fact I kind of like it. My 2 cents FWIW.

It is a matter of taste. Like IF I was a vegie & you were a beef-eater.

I mentioned WH simply because of her sudden passing - so sadly leaving behind all the music awards she won for THIS song alone. There are zillion of fans who still love this song out there, excepting a few of course.

LIkewise, I am not a fan of Madonna nor Celin Dion "for any stretch". Yet believe it or not, I love "Don't cry for me Argentinta" & "My heart will go on" - so much feeling in those 2 songs by the singers I named.

Likewise, I collected a few LPs of Dolly Parton. I don't think I like her style of singing at all. Her body posting, maybe.

Maybe I listen too much Pavarotti, Domingo, Joan Sutherland & Marilyn Horne.
Too demanding perhaps!

c-J