TRL-Sanders-Ampzilla

jhm731

TRL-Sanders-Ampzilla
« on: 16 Feb 2012, 07:36 am »
Anyone compared the TRL Samsons, Sanders Magtech and or the Ampzilla 2000 2nd Editions?

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
Re: TRL-Sanders-Ampzilla
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2012, 12:00 pm »
I haven't compared, but I have the Magtech and the control, clarity, and power are fantastic.  It drove my 84db Salk Soundscape 10s effortlessly.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2012, 01:07 pm »
Were the Magtechs set with a bunch of current to drive Stats?  If so, it is good to know they can drive SoundScapes.

I wouldn't say my Samsons have lots of current.  As I have stated before they are very boring.  They just play music without getting in the way.  No heat, no noise, no sizzle or pop.  Hell, I should probably get some Krells just to make it interesting!! :duh:

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2012, 01:24 am »
The Magtech is in its standard configuration for driving magnetic speakers.  I'm not sure if there's any other "configuration" for a Magtech. . .the Sanders ESL amplifier is the version used on stats. 

Rocket

« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2012, 01:38 am »
Hi,

I have ampzilla 2000 second editions.  I think they won the Absolute Sounds 2011 amplifier of the year award.  I like their sound but I'm sure there are other competitive amplifiers on the market.  I would suggest trying to have an in-house demonstration, John Casler is a dealer for this amplifier and has a good reputation on this website.

I have had problems with blowing fuses but Wyred 4 Sound (manufacturer) stated that this is not a common problem.

Good luck

Rod

jhm731

« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2012, 01:22 am »
Thanks for the feedback.

Didn't know the Ampzilla 2000 were made by Wyred 4 Sound, now I can take those off my list.

opnly bafld

« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2012, 01:29 am »
Replacing or supplementing your Leben?

Thanks for the feedback.

Didn't know the Ampzilla 2000 were made by Wyred 4 Sound, now I can take those off my list.

Made ~ NOT designed.

jhm731

« Reply #7 on: 18 Feb 2012, 02:34 am »
Replacing or supplementing

Supplementing.