Soundfield monitors at axpona

skite30

Soundfield monitors at axpona
« on: 16 Feb 2012, 01:33 am »
These speakers will be at axpona in jacksonville fl. In march for anyone intereted. No room number yet

neekomax

Re: Soundfield monitors at axpona
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2012, 04:02 am »
Are you talking about the Soundfield Audio Monitor 1?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=97955.0

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2012, 04:13 am »
Soundfield Audio and Power Modules will be in Room 513.  This thread will prolly be moved to the Audio Shows and Events circle unless someone wants to talk about the speakers themselves.  We'll let it sit here for a day or so and see what happens.

skite30

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2012, 04:10 pm »
yes those are the ones. I have no connection just remembered there was a long thread on them awhile back. Thought there might be some interest here is all didn't mean to post in wrong circle.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2012, 03:33 am »
Hey, no worries, no crimes committed.  I just wanted to be polite and give a heads up that we may need to move it at some point.  But we can hang out here for a bit.

I know AJ a little and have heard these speakers at length.  The absolute hands down most dynamic bookshelf speaker I have ever heard.  If you like recreating the power of the musical event in your room these are for you, no subwoofer needed.  They also have very good sound quality, at home with acoustic and electric instruments.  If you go a long way up in price, you can get better, I like the Joseph Audio Pulsar's at $7k better, but maybe not $6k better.  I thought the Soundfield's were better than the very nice sounding Polk 703 monitors, which I liked very much at around $1500 I believe.  Anyone with any other thoughts?  (No, not you AJ) 

neekomax

« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2012, 03:52 am »
Dynamic is right. Also very smooth and coherent. I think this is probably because of the KEF coaxial mid/tweeter drivers. The in-room response is very pleasing from a true point source.

My favorite thing about the SAM1 is probably the bass though. So full and musical, and very deep - down to 30 Hz according to some test tones that I played on them. My room is small, so I've ended up dialing the 8" sub gains way back from where I originally had them; they can easily overwhelm a room, and that's from a guy who loves bass.