Head-Fi Controversy...very entertaining!

saisunil

Re: Head-Fi Controversy...very entertaining!
« Reply #20 on: 16 Feb 2012, 01:00 am »
wow - it certainly stirred the pot!

slwiser

« Reply #21 on: 16 Feb 2012, 01:10 am »
+1,   HeadFi definitely seems to attract/keep/foster some bizarro stuff.   For a change of gears try Innerfidelity.com.   It's not "forum" based;  I just find it a lot more mature and Tyll is very level headed.

There is a forum there at Innerfidelity that is available.

Zero

« Reply #22 on: 16 Feb 2012, 02:23 am »
Integrity. 

Some have it.  Other's do not.   

Old timer

« Reply #23 on: 16 Feb 2012, 05:17 pm »
Check out the average age of the posters over there, explains a lot.

So that explains it. It is one of the most uncivil forums that I've ever encountered.

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #24 on: 16 Feb 2012, 09:45 pm »
Hard to believe how stupid this is. I just read almost half the thread. It evolves into righteous indignation on page 6. I didn't see the video but it turns out the expensive phones are probably a defective return. They were in a regular box with the model (H-6?) written with magic marker on it. The kid tried to play them but didn't have a powerful enough amp. He changed the pads, but didn't take them apart. He offered them for sale to see what they would bring, but didn't sell them. He emailed the company. Apparently all 16 pages of thread took place in one day.

The funny thing is, it's the kid who's the injured party. He paid for $300 cans and got what, defective $1300 ones? If he gets to keep em he better sell them "as is". He says he's broke.

Rocket

« Reply #25 on: 17 Feb 2012, 02:10 am »
Hi,

16 pages of posts in one day  :duh:

What boring lives some people lead  :roll:

Cheers Rod

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #26 on: 17 Feb 2012, 02:42 am »
Reading a couple of his posts, seems like he's a kid, and children don't always have the best judgment, that's why we protect them.  You buy a beat up Camero, and the delivery company drops off a new Vette, most kids will at least take it for a spin.  Older and wiser folks will think about the insurance liabilities.  Even if we don't approve, it can be understood.

saisunil

« Reply #27 on: 17 Feb 2012, 02:43 am »
Hi,

16 pages of posts in one day  :duh:

What boring lives some people lead  :roll:

Cheers Rod

So we have 2 pages of commentary on 16 pages of nothing  :duh: :scratch: :lol: :lol:

toocool4

« Reply #28 on: 20 Feb 2012, 05:26 pm »
Wow what funny post, people are strange. :duh:

I remember ordering a 15” MacBook Pro, I got a 17” MacBook Pro with better CPU. As soon as I saw the box I knew they I had shipped the wrong unit. I did not even open the box I contacted them about their mistake. They where grateful and they changed it for the correct one.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #29 on: 21 Feb 2012, 05:07 pm »
I remember ordering a 15” MacBook Pro, I got a 17” MacBook Pro with better CPU. As soon as I saw the box I knew they I had shipped the wrong unit. I did not even open the box I contacted them about their mistake. They where grateful and they changed it for the correct one.

That's the right attitude.

ajzepp

« Reply #30 on: 24 Feb 2012, 04:34 am »
So here's a post I saw from this guy today regarding what happened in the end: "They let me keep them, I sold them as I didn't have an amplifier close to powerful enough, I was going to make another thread hopefully giving HiFiMAN good PR for it but after the last thread, probably not a good idea."

Zero

« Reply #31 on: 24 Feb 2012, 05:03 am »
Lame. But who is really surprised? 

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #32 on: 28 Feb 2012, 12:06 am »
The saddest part about that thread was how many people thought he should have just kept the HE-6s.