MPOD Setup

NMG

MPOD Setup
« on: 15 Feb 2012, 03:05 am »
Anywhere I can find instructions on how to set up MPOD on an iPhone. The instructions in the manual either are very sketchy or I just cannot follow them. I have an Ethernet connection to my BDP-1 and it is connected to my home network. I have the latest version of MPOD, 1.6.3.. I bought the iPhone yesterday.

There is an Edit Connection screen in MPOD:

Server - Is this bryston-bdp-1.local? If not, what?

Port - 6600?

Password  - Bryston?

Use local cache - Yes?

Then for Local Cover Art:

URL - Cover Filename?

Anything else?

Thank you. This is the last step in my BDP-1 journey -- for now!

Neal

Music Matters

Re: MPOD Setup
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2012, 04:38 am »
Server - Is this bryston-bdp-1.local? If not, what?   YES

Port - 6600?   YES

Password  - Bryston?   I don't need this with my MPOD - password field is blank

Use local cache - Yes?   YES

Then for Local Cover Art:   http://bryston-bdp-1.local/music

URL - Cover Filename?   Folder.jpg (if this is the folder name of your cover art - it will be the default if you're using dbpoweramp to rip)

Anything else?   In the Cover Art field (scroll way down in settings), make sure Fetch Local Cover Art is set to ON.

Also, at the top of the settings page, make sure your MPD server is BDP-1 and Connection Mode is set to Remote.

Hopefully this will get you going!!

NMG

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2012, 02:57 pm »
Thank you, MM. I will try it when I get home tonight. Presumably my iPhone has to be connected to my home network. You needn't trouble yourself to reply unless this is wrong.

Best,

Neal

jjc1

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2012, 03:48 pm »
  Sometimes, "bryston-bdp-1.local" does not work as the server connection. Try putting in the IP address which can be found on the BDP1 by pushing the down arrow.

NMG

« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2012, 03:50 pm »
Thank you. I will keep that in mind as I grind my teeth!

neal

NMG

« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2012, 02:40 pm »
Eureka! It works. Thanks for the help. I am sure I will be back with more operational questions. I love that machine!

Neal

jjc1

« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2012, 04:02 pm »
Great Neal. This could also happen with other controllers like Mini, Max Gnome Etc.

Enjoy the music!

NMG

« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2012, 10:12 pm »
JJC1,

I have been using Gnome and Max on my laptop from the outset. Really like Gnome, but not aware of an iPhone App for it, so will use MPOD for the present. Thanks again.

Neal

jjc1

« Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2012, 03:25 pm »
JJC1,

I have been using Gnome and Max on my laptop from the outset. Really like Gnome, but not aware of an iPhone App for it, so will use MPOD for the present. Thanks again.

Neal
There is no IPad or IPod app for Gnome. Have to use a PC. Another great controller is Minion on Mozilla. Again, only for PC. If you ever find an IPad app for Gnome, please post.

John

NMG

« Reply #9 on: 18 Feb 2012, 05:01 pm »
Of course I will.

I have not been able to operate MPOD easily. I cannot seem to select an album and then have it play through. If I select a song and then try to add more to a playlist just for a listening session (not to save the Playlist), every time I add a song it switches to playing that song. Very non-intuitive app and frustrating. Went back to Gnome.

Any site with MPOD instructions? Thanks again.

Neal

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #10 on: 18 Feb 2012, 05:14 pm »
Of course I will.

I have not been able to operate MPOD easily. I cannot seem to select an album and then have it play through. If I select a song and then try to add more to a playlist just for a listening session (not to save the Playlist), every time I add a song it switches to playing that song. Very non-intuitive app and frustrating. Went back to Gnome.

Any site with MPOD instructions? Thanks again.

Neal

Hi Neal,

In MPOD hold you finger on the Album or Song  and a list of options will come up.

james

NMG

« Reply #11 on: 19 Feb 2012, 01:21 pm »
Thanks, James. I will try it. Would never have thought of that, but I'm a new iPhone user.

Neal