For Sale: Teres 255 Turntable SOLD

Wayne1

For Sale: Teres 255 Turntable SOLD
« on: 13 Feb 2012, 09:57 pm »
I am offering for sale a very rare Teres 255 Turntable in Monkey Pod Wood

This include the Teres lead shot filled Monkey Pod wood base, lead shot filled acrylic platter, lead shot filled arm board, Monkey Pod wood record clamp and the optional Teres Audio on-the-fly adjustable VTA adaptor.

There is no tonearm or cartridge included in this sale

This also includes the Teres Audio Signature motor and the optional battery powered circuit board.

The motor can be powered from AC or you can use the circuit board with a 12 v 7.2 Ah battery. The circuit board will disconnect the AC when the battery is in use and then use the AC to charge the battery when it is not in use.

Also included in the sale are a Shure SFG-2 stylus pressure gauge, a phono cartridge alignment tool, carbon fibre record brush, and a bubble level.

The final add on is a 1/2" tape splicer. This can be used to make your own belts from any 1/2" video tape, mylar or whatever material you may wish to try.

The Turntable sold for $3500.00. There was only one Monkey Pod Wood unit made. This is it.

All of the Teres turntables are as much art as a functional product. I tend to think of them as having the MOST WAF of any turntable.

I have not used this turntable all that much since I started down the computer audio path. Using a modded SqueezeBox Touch is just so easy and sounds so good that I don't think I would be willing to spend the time and money to use the Teres again.

I am offering it to the members of AC for  SOLD plus shipping or highest offer. The turntable alone weighs 60 lbs. Building a shipping container for it will take some time and money. I picked the unit up at Teres World Headquarters. I can get in touch with Chris Brady to source the correct packing and shipping material, but that will add to the cost.
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2012, 12:23 am by Wayne1 »

GregC

Re: For Sale: Teres 255 Turntable
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2012, 05:08 am »
That is a very nice turntable.  Good luck with your sale.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2012, 02:36 am »
That is a beautiful piece to behold Wayne. Very nice indeed.
Best of luck with the sale.  :thumb:

Bob

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2012, 02:50 am »
Wow this is one of my favorite pieces of equipment ever. Teres TTs are simply the best.

Wayne1

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2012, 04:18 pm »
Thanks for the comments, guys.

I would appreciate a good offer on the TT a bit more  :wink:

Jason, you NEED this. The perfect art piece to have in your living room with two toddlers  :lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2012, 05:47 pm »
I would appreciate a good offer on the TT a bit more  :wink:

Even trade for a BOLDER modded SB3?
The sound quality is nothing short of amazing.   :wink:

Bob

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2012, 06:40 pm »
Wow this is one of my favorite pieces of equipment ever. Teres TTs are simply the best.
Go for it!  Consider it a pre RMAF 2012 gift to yourself.   :D

Wayne1

« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2012, 12:41 am »
Bob,

Thanks for the offer. Very kind and generous of you. However I do still have a modded SB2, SB3, DUET Receiver and a couple of Touch.

Jason/Pez,

You do so need to get into vinyl. You could even use the table to transfer albums over to digital files as a business. Goodness knows you have so much free time now.  :roll:

I'm going to up the ante just a bit and include some set up albums and a couple of rather rare 45 rpm LPs. These are perhaps the best sounding records I own.

nature boy

Re: For Sale: Teres 255 Turntable (price reduction)
« Reply #8 on: 25 Feb 2012, 02:31 am »
Bump for a great AC'er and wonderful turntable.  It's going to make someone very happy.

NB

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2012, 03:07 am »
If I didn't have a 5 year old, and I had the scratch, I would own this.  I know how great it sounds, but simply from a visual standpoint it's one of the best pieces of visual design in all of audio.

Wayne1

« Reply #10 on: 25 Feb 2012, 04:21 am »
NB and Tyson,

Thanks for the bump. There is a sale pending on the Teres and extras. When funds are received, it will be noted.

I am very sorry to let this table go. As Tyson remarks, it is the most visually stunning of all the Teres tables. Something about the acrylic platter with lead shot juxtaposed against the full wood tones of the base.

It has been sitting on a shelf in my basement for the last few years. While I do have close to 800 albums, I really don't find the need to go through the vinyl rituals. Being able to just sit on the couch and push a button or two and choose between 40,000 songs is very attractive.

In the end, I'm sure I'll regret letting this table go. Having such a piece of audio art hidden away is a minor crime. I do hope the new owner will share it with others.

djoel

« Reply #11 on: 26 Feb 2012, 01:34 am »
Wow you're giving it away, or gave it way if the sale is pending such a beautiful table wish I had the cash for it.

Good luck on the sale

Dan

nrenter

« Reply #12 on: 26 Feb 2012, 03:25 am »
I used to own a monkeywood Teres 255 (so not sure if yours is the only one that was made). That being said, your asking price is a steal (and I know because I owned one). It's a shame the 2xx line of Teres tables are not available anymore. IMHO, there just isn't anything out there that can compete in that price range. I now have cocobolo Teres base, solid acrylic plinth, and the Verus motor. Love it.

Wayne1

« Reply #13 on: 29 Feb 2012, 12:23 am »
The Teres is now SOLD. I will be seeing Chris Brady this week to get it packed up. I will check with him about the number of Monkey Pod Wood tables made.

nrenter

Re: For Sale: Teres 255 Turntable SOLD
« Reply #14 on: 2 Mar 2012, 12:19 am »
Congrats! Mine was purchased new from Chris, and subsequently sold to a guy on Audiogon known as "Swampwalker" during the "dark days" of graduate school. He used to have pictures of it posted, but I'm not seeing them anymore. Great table!