The Best Reason to Buy from Jim - Another Great Service Story!

mathgeek97

When I got my HT2-TLs in August of 2009, FedEx was more than a little rough on them.  One of the drivers was destroyed.  Jim walked me through taking apart my beautiful, new tower and he sent me out a replacement driver (no charge!).  Well, one crisis solved!!!

Which brings me to the latest issue to be fixed by Jim and company.  One of the "wonderful" things FedEx did was to poke a hole through the box and damage one of the grills.  Everything was fine for the first two years until putting the grill back on one day, it popped apart like a spring, breaking at two locations.  I sent an e-mail to Jim, who suggested gluing it together.  After I completely failed to fix it myself, Jim sent out a new grill (no charge for my 2-1/2 year old heavily used HT2-TLs).  I'm a happy customer!!!

Jim, you are once again deserving of a very public "Thank You!"

coke

This is one thing I think many people overlook when considering Salk and AVA equipment.  There aren't too many companies with service like that.

Nuance

^ You said it, Coke.  Most companies standard reply would be "that's not covered by the warranty" or "your warranty has expired, but we'd be happy to send you a new one for $xxx."  Superb performance and customer service = success. 

Rocket

Hi,

I bought my HT2 speakers from Jim back in 2008 and he shipped them to me in Australia.  What a great speaker and his customer service is very good.  With the scrutiny of the internet I have never read a poor word about his speakers or his ability to operate his company.

Regards

Rod

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
In late 2006 I bought a pair of HT3's off audiogon.  I asked why he was selling them and he said they were too bright. This didn't jive with all the then early buzz these speakers were getting.

Jim offered to have me send them to him to make sure they were okay. Again, these were speakers that I had not directly bought from him. 

The speakers checked out fine and were sent down to me. In shipping one of the speakers had a severe dent in the upper left front corner. Three months later when I visited my family 1100 miles away in central Michigan, Jim arranged for the speaker to be repaired.  In the week I was up there Jim did the repair. The speakers were restored to their immaculate initial glory.  That is a testament to standing behind your speakers.

Jim is such a world class guy.