Impromptu Get Together - Sat, Feb 11th

WGH

Impromptu Get Together - Sat, Feb 11th
« on: 8 Feb 2012, 02:20 am »
A few friends plan to stop by on Saturday afternoon for a listening session so y'all are invited too.

Where: Tucson, AZ - a short walking distance from downtown.
When: Sat. Feb. 11th, 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
What's Up? - my new mesquite Salk Ht2-TL's
What's Happening? - Arizona Centennial celebration with Sam Moore (see below)

The Salk's have over 300 hours on them and they sound better than ever, if you have never heard the HT2-TL's now is your chance. Electronics are via the Van Alstine Insight+ series and a Hagerman Cornet2 phono pre-amp.

Saturday night is also a 2nd Saturday Downtown night. Free music is always a part of 2nd Saturdays and because this is a Centennial weekend the feature performer is Sam Moore at 8:00 pm at the outdoor Jim Click Stage, 6th Ave. at Pennington St.

Sam Moore is Sam from Sam and Dave. This Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Grammy Hall of Fame Artist is known for several Sam and Dave R&B hits that are now rock standards: Soul Man, Hold On I’m Comin’, I Thank You and When Something is Wrong With My Baby. Moore was named by Rolling Stone as one of the 100 greatest singers of all time!

I have 6:30 pm dinner reservations at Athens on 4th Ave if you would like to join us, then walk downtown to see Sam.

PM me for address and map.

Wayne

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
Re: Impromptu Get Together - Sat, Feb 11th
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2012, 06:04 am »
Wish I could be there, but anyway have a great time!

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2012, 03:10 pm »
Wish I could be there, but anyway have a great time!

Your discriminating ears (and your DAC) will be missed.

yyz67

« Reply #3 on: 6 Mar 2013, 07:33 am »
Hi WGH -

Are you still in Tucson? Would you be willing to audition your Salks? (I'm in Phx).

Thanks...