Help me pick a setup for dedicated HT/Music room

grantc79

Help me pick a setup for dedicated HT/Music room
« on: 4 Feb 2012, 04:17 am »
Ok guys,

Building a new house soon and I will take the plunge and get salk speakers this time. I will have a dedicated, acoustically treated, 400-450 square foot media room in my next house and I'm speaker shopping.

Initially I was on board for HT3's but now I'm considering Soundscape M7's. Due to this being a media/home theater room I'm going to have to have subs either way I believe.

Whatever I buy will have to play very loud when asked to do so and will also have to be as good musically as humanly possible.

I do wish there were an M7 option as a full tower rather than a monitor, I hate having stands :(

Any thoughts?

grantc79

Re: Help me pick a setup for dedicated HT/Music room
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2012, 04:24 am »
I guess I might should considering HT2 TL's as well I just worry that those and the monitors will not play loud enough for movie and loud music purposes.

Anyone within an hour or so of the New Orleans area with Salks by the way?

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2012, 04:29 am »
Is this what you had in mind?

This pair of speakers is being used as left and right mains in my personal home theater and I love them.  They are basically identical to the M7's but have a pair of 7" drivers rather than just one.  They take up the same floor space as the M7's.

- Jim

grantc79

« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2012, 04:32 am »
Would that be your suggestion Jim? Better than HT3's?

How much and how long please sir.

Finish them like these......

http://salksound.com/home_htm_files/456.jpg

grantc79

« Reply #4 on: 4 Feb 2012, 04:32 am »
I could also use a matching center :)

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 4 Feb 2012, 04:48 am »
Would that be your suggestion Jim? Better than HT3's?

How much and how long please sir.

Finish them like these......

http://salksound.com/home_htm_files/456.jpg

You really need to factor in all the elements - mains, center, sub(s) and surrounds to answer that question.  The HT3's are certainly capable.  And there are a few other options to consider.  Perhaps you could email or call and we could discuss your project in a little more detail.  I don't know enough about your specifics to provide a recommendation on the spot.

One thing I can tell you is that you have selected a finish that would be hard to duplicate.  The veneer on the HT3's in that picture is ebony that was flat cut.  Normally it is rotary cut which results in a different kind of grain pattern. But we can certainly look for some.

I received your PM and will pick up there.

- Jim

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #6 on: 8 Feb 2012, 11:15 pm »
I see you've ordered HT3's 

congrats