5vdc Power Supply for Ancillary Equipment

setamp

5vdc Power Supply for Ancillary Equipment
« on: 30 Jan 2012, 09:53 pm »
I am trying to find a good (and cheap?) solution to switching power supplies.  I am running an Oyen external HDD and a wireless bridge off of what I am sure are cheap, noisy switching power supplies.  What can I use to eliminate them?

It would be nice to have 1 unit with 2x 5vdc outputs.  I would consider diy if there are plans available.  I would also consider battery if that makes sense.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2012, 11:50 pm by jtwrace »

kenreau

Re: 5vdc Power Supply for Ancillary Equipment
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2012, 06:35 pm »
This was a recommendation from Wayne of Bolder on another thread.  From PartExpress, a compact sized regulated power multi-voltage power supply ideal for all devices drawing up to 2 amps of current.  For $20, this is what I plan to use for my Oyen external HD

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=100632.0

Kenreau
« Last Edit: 1 Feb 2012, 06:45 am by kenreau »

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama

setamp

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan 2012, 08:18 pm »
Great info guys.  Thanks.

Wayne1

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2012, 09:57 pm »
This was a recommendation from Wayne of Boulder on another thread.  From PartExpress, a compact sized regulated power multi-voltage power supply ideal for all devices drawing up to 2 amps of current.  For $20, this is what I plan to use for my Oyen external HD

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=100632.0

Kenreau

The Parts Express supply is not set up for 5 volts out of the box. It can be modded to output 5 volts.

I think the Jerome Industries 5 volt supply is the best deal for 5 volts at 2 amps.

Jerome Industries 5 volt supply

You will have to change the DC power connector to fit your HDD.

kenreau

« Reply #6 on: 2 Feb 2012, 12:02 am »
Good to know, thanks Wayne.   :thumb:

The Parts Express supply is not set up for 5 volts out of the box. It can be modded to output 5 volts.

I think the Jerome Industries 5 volt supply is the best deal for 5 volts at 2 amps.

setamp

« Reply #7 on: 2 Feb 2012, 09:45 pm »
Is the Jerome Ind 5v supply a good, quiet unit as well as being the best deal?  I don't mind spending more if I were to make a real difference.  If I can use the Jerome and not create noise within my system that would be great.