Large Advents vs Wharfedale Linton 3 vs EPI 100 vs Allison 6...??

starkiller

Any thoughts on which pair will work the best in what will probably be a garage system?  Power is no problem, 200 wpc or more is on hand.  I guess ability to play loud w/good bass response w/o a sub are important :green:

Only ones I have on hand are the Allison 6's.

starkiller

Forgot to add in the Mission 760i and 761i.... :duh:

dB Cooper

The Allisons have the advantage of already being in your possession, but... doesn't that model have the top facing woofer? It has more specific placement constraints if it does, plus can't stack stuff on the top surface. Good botton end on all Allisons I've heard. Large Advents, good luck finding a pair that still work (foam surrounds) but if you can, they will certainly handle the bottom end. Not familiar with the other two. If you are shopping, and want to keep the budget under control, don't overlook Polk. Been around forever so a good used market.

WGH

Garage system? Old JBL's are the only way to go, Advents are OK but they don't ROCK.

Wayne

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
If you have Allisons, why are you looking at anything else?   8)

Ok, the above is a little bit of a joke, but seriously, what are you lacking in the Allisons that you'd like to have?

starkiller

Actually nothing really...just that I have a number of EPI tweets and woofers and crossovers laying around doing nothing and also a set of Castle Durham's that I was going to trade for a set of EPI's.  Trying to get the biggest bang for the buck AND clear out some stuff so I can actually get my car into the garage for the first time in over 2 years! :oops:

starkiller

Add a Sonab to the mix :lol: