Alpha LS in San Francisco Bay Area?

MikeR

« on: 8 May 2004, 06:04 pm »
Hello all...I am looking to purchase my "final" speaker system and am leaning towards DIY.  Seems like you get a LOT more performance for your dollar than going the traditional dealer/retail route (and yes, I have all of the necessary tools to build my own pair).  My budget is $30k (which also includes some sort of center channel), so I don't think money should be an issue (especially going the DIY route).

Anyway, I am going to be in Milpitas, CA on business May 10-14.  I was wondering if anyone has a pair of Alpha LS speakers that they would be gracious enough to let me come and audition.  I have already contacted Sigfried Linkwitz and will be going to his place to listen to the Orions (the other speaker I am very interested in).  It would be nice to hear both systems in the same week as it would allow for a much better comparison.

I will of course be very happy to post a detailed review/comparison of both systems on the Audiocircle forum.  Thanks much in advance!

Regards...Mike

Danny Richie

Bay Area
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2004, 09:11 pm »
I have a customer in that area that is building his now and another customer in that area that ordered his kit yesterday.

You might better give it a little time.

MikeR

« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2004, 09:31 pm »
Thanks Danny...In regards to "better give it a little time", as I stated in my post, I will be in the Bay area from May 10-14 on business.  I am not making a special trip just to listen to speakers.  So, if no one has them complete in the area to listen to during the time frame I am there, then it's not gonna happen.  Oh well, it was worth a try.

Any Alpha LS owners in Utah, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Oregon, or Washington?

Thanks...Mike

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2004, 09:35 pm »
I will be in the Bay area from May 10-14 on business

Gotcha.

See the post below this one in my forum from GaryW. I believe he is in the WA, or OR area.