Magical VS moment with sacd

garyleg

Magical VS moment with sacd
« on: 25 Jan 2012, 07:22 pm »
Hello everyone,
I just had to share my moment with you guys. I came home from work last night to a suprise in my mailbox. It was the new Pink Floyd wish you were here SACD 5.1 remix that was just released that I had ordered. As luck would have it the wife was at work and the kids were gone. So i went to the fridge and grabbed a beer and put this disk in. The sound was absolutely stunning and magical. I listened to the disk in its entirety 2 times at concert levels. I was reminded once again how great Alberts speakers can sound. It was trully audio nirvana. I have a full Von Schweikert 7.2 setup and the sound that filled my room was absolutely unbelievable, or should i say believable! I know this album well and yet there were parts that startled me and actually made me jump with realism. James Guthrie did a fantastic job of remixing this classic with just the right balance of spacious realism and a touch of  surround fun thrown in. I have recently moved to a new house with a bigger listening room and have been struggling for quite some time now to get my setup to sound right and as good as my old house did, but for some reason things seemed to come together with this disk last night. I highly recommend this disk if you like listening to multichannel music at all. I can only imagine how good it would sound with some of the wonderful VS systems that you guys have out there that would trounce my system.
Happy Listening,
Gary Legerton

audiobat

Re: Magical VS moment with sacd
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2012, 09:03 pm »
5.1 remix?... Hum, I guess if you can turn any music into 5.1 that actually sounded good it would be Pink Floyd.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Re: Magical VS moment with sacd
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2012, 09:12 pm »
Hello Gary,

Glad you share this with us.
We have the same feeling as you describe.
We also have a 7.2 system so I can imagine what you were going through last night.

This is what VSA has designed the speakers for. A true 'life event'.

Enjoy your system.

Cor