Led Zeppelin 2

Andre2

Led Zeppelin 2
« on: 23 Jan 2012, 03:10 pm »
Saw these guys in concert at The House of Blues in Houston last Friday.

http://www.zep2.com/

http://www.youtube.com/Zep2Chicago#p/u/3/ep3g6Wsi8bk

They are really good!  I was impressed by the quality of the musicians and the rendering of all the original Led Zeppelin music played, very true to the original.  I highly recommend them for you all classic rock music lovers.   :D

PS.: I have nothing to do with them, I just really enjoyed the concert. 

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: Led Zeppelin 2
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2012, 03:53 pm »
     When this old fart saw them live in concert it was at the NYS pavillion at the Worlds fair grounds in 1969.  An indoor outdoor affair. A classic rock group .

charles

jackman

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2012, 04:08 pm »
IMO, the best Rock and Roll band to ever take the stage.  I've seen some good "tribute" bands with passable Page guitar and Plant-esque vocals but none of them have a Bonzo beating the skins.  John Bonham was such a rare talent and a perfect fit for Zepplin.  There is something magic about the way Page's guitar sounds with Robert Plant's voice.  They are great talents individually, but when they play together, they are Rock Gods. 

Cool Youtube clips, thanks for sharing.  They sound good and make me miss Led Zepplin even more.  I had tickets to the Chicago show but returned them after it was cancelled due to Bonham's death.  Should have kept the stubs because they would be more valuable than the $26 refund I received (ballpark, I don't recall the exact amount). 

Andre2

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2012, 06:57 pm »
well, I really loved the concert, I got Stairway to Heaven in my iPhone.  I will try to post to you tube.

Charles, if you have an opportunity to see these guys it would be interesting a comparison.  I only know Led Zeppelin by means of CDs and DVDs, and I was really impressed with the quality these guys from Chicago displayed.

Cheers.