Song Tower RT vs SoundScape M7

michaelkingdom

Song Tower RT vs SoundScape M7
« on: 22 Jan 2012, 01:35 pm »
I would like some help in differentiating between these two very different designs. Obviously the STs are a floorstander and the M7s are monitors.  :D

What could I expect as far as differences in the sound? I'm interested in the overall dynamics / clarity / transparency / imaging / soundstage of these two models.

My only use of these would be as a two channel music system.

Big Red Machine

Re: Song Tower RT vs SoundScape M7
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2012, 03:50 pm »
I have not heard them side by side, but they are not even in the same families.  The M7 is in the SoundScape family with the best drivers found there like Accuton and Raal together.  This combo is not available in the ST series.

Jim will pipe in.  He is very impressed with the M7.  Originally designed to be a surround speaker for the SS series, it is a formidable stand mount main speaker and may very well find its rightful place in that portfolio.

Price-wise and spec-wise I cannot comment.  But if you want serious 2 channel, out of the two it would be M7 hands down.  You might be better to inquire directly with Jim about other SS offerings in the development stage as well.  He usually answers his phone by the 3rd ring.

Nuance

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2012, 12:01 am »
I agree with Pete: the M7 is the better speaker all around.  The sound stage width and especially the depth are incredible, and the "monitor" images like crazy.  When I heard the M7 it certainly reminded me of the sonic signature of its bigger brother, the SoundScape 12 (without the bass, of course).  Clarity/transparency is superb, as is standard with all Salk speakers. 

Nuance

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2012, 12:02 am »
Oops - double post.  Sorry.