BCD1+BDA1

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
Re: BCD1+BDA1
« Reply #20 on: 19 Jan 2012, 09:00 pm »
  Apart from some small sonic improvements by using the bda1 with the bcd1 there is also the flexibility offered in upsampling choices. I figure this is a plus to be able to try various settings on cds;... a whole new adventure to hear what is best with which. My only concern is, once again ,the possible increase of jitter . What do you think folks, would that be worth the cost? :scratch:
I have tried the upsampling option quite a few times, but in all honesty never liked the result. I always returned to the native resolution.
I for one was not convinced.

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #21 on: 19 Jan 2012, 09:36 pm »
I have tried the upsampling option quite a few times, but in all honesty never liked the result. I always returned to the native resolution.
I for one was not convinced.

I use the various upsampling and digital filter options on my current unit and am quite happy.  Haven't spent enough time with the BDA-1 to offer a worthwhile opinion on that particular unit in terms of it's upsampling capabilities, though.

D.D.

rmurray

« Reply #22 on: 20 Jan 2012, 01:30 am »
 Good point about avoiding more chassis . That preamp idea is nice........What do you think of that James, any hope on the horizon.....lol.... :P