Peridot cabinet build question

satman24122

Peridot cabinet build question
« on: 8 Jan 2012, 04:44 pm »
I been thinking about taking to build some floor standing speakers and wanted to find out how you would rate the Peridot cabinet build ( Rate it 1-10)10 being most difficult.  I see the cabinet is angled but would like to know how many braces it has inside?  I do not see a current price on this speaker but the old prices were much less than the RC4.  Thanks for your comments

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Peridot cabinet build question
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2012, 04:12 pm »
I been thinking about taking to build some floor standing speakers and wanted to find out how you would rate the Peridot cabinet build ( Rate it 1-10)10 being most difficult.  I see the cabinet is angled but would like to know how many braces it has inside?  I do not see a current price on this speaker but the old prices were much less than the RC4.  Thanks for your comments

It really depends upon your skill level; however, I also have plans for a simpler rectangular cabinet. Feel free to email for the current price.

satman24122

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2012, 08:57 pm »
Thanks Rick  Can you give me the current price on the Peridot speaker kit?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2012, 10:02 pm »
Thanks Rick  Can you give me the current price on the Peridot speaker kit?

$1,450/pair (includes shipping to the mainland USA). Let me know if I can be of help.

lenkevy

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2012, 01:27 pm »
Rick - Am I missing something?  I hit your website to look at this kit, but don't see it.  However, I can google the speaker and find a direct page for it.  Where from your homepage is the link as I'd like to see all the kits you have for sale.  Thanks.

kip_

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2012, 04:43 pm »
Rick - Am I missing something?  I hit your website to look at this kit, but don't see it.  However, I can google the speaker and find a direct page for it.  Where from your homepage is the link as I'd like to see all the kits you have for sale.  Thanks.

Some of the older designs aren't listed anymore - probably because the new ones perform better but may be pricier. The Galena is missing as well.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jan 2012, 08:01 pm »

I've added the Peridot and it's now on the "Kits" page in the floorstanders section.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2012, 05:31 pm »
Some of the older designs aren't listed anymore - probably because the new ones perform better but may be pricier. The Galena is missing as well.

I've been updating the site and will be adding some new designs to the kit section. I try to feature the most current speakers; however, I still get requests for designs that are five years and older. I guess that's a testament to making something that performs well, remains competitive with newer speakers from other companies, and provides good value.  :thumb: Kind of a rarity for high end audio these days.

The Galena is not there due to the woofer no longer being available. The Tre Supremo took its' place. If something comes along and is better for a similar price then I make those kind of changes as well.