Bugle rip-off?

Phoca

Bugle rip-off?
« on: 6 Jan 2012, 02:14 am »
http://www.audiowind.com/pdf/A-300.pdf
Sold on Ebay by electronics-salon.  Sure looks a lot like Jim's Bugle to me...  :nono:

hagtech

Re: Bugle rip-off?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2012, 09:22 am »
Indeed, it is an exact knock-off of my schematic, down to the very last mistake.  Another customer alerted me to this, but I can't imagine what I can do.  It comes from China and is sold via "resellers".  The price is good, but parts are questionable - at least the capacitors. 

I suppose I should be flattered.

jh

jostber

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2012, 06:51 pm »
You can go to the listing on eBay and use the "Report Item" link on the right side to report this as a counterfeit product. eBay might then remove the listing and follow up with this seller regarding further actions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Stereo-MM-Phono-RIAA-Preamp-Module-Kit-Based-OPA2134-/130627217361?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e69fd27d1

Phoca

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2012, 05:44 pm »
Slow to respond, but I suppose you're right Jim, you should be flattered.  And I agree about the parts issue.  I hate that ebay makes it so easy for this to happen.  Same happens with Bruce R over at Transcendant Sound, and he too doesn't feel like there's anything he can do.  I may try reporting the item just to see what happens.

Cheers!

defec

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2012, 04:42 am »
Jim, yeah, it looks like a they just took your circuit and did the power/opamp filter capacitors differently with some resistors probably there to take the 18volt powersupply that they recommend down a bit. There are six 220uf caps with some resistors and a .1uf cap for each opamp's plus and minus rail.

I saw this awhile ago but I decided against writing you because I figured it would just bum you out. I guess this gives you all the more reason to do a revision.