FS: nOrh CD1

LadyDog

FS: nOrh CD1
« on: 2 Jan 2012, 02:10 pm »
Secondary system is going away due to pending move.

Tube based cd player that competes well beyond its retail price.

Player is mint.  Excellent physical and working condition.  No issues.  Tubes maybe a few hundred hours on them.

$375 + shipping, + paypal if using

Regards,
Jeff

jackman

Re: FS: nOrh CD1
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2012, 05:57 pm »
Hey, I had one of these a few years back and it was excellent.  Anyone in the market for a very solid, well built, tube based CDP should check this one out.  It is made by the old CAL Audio Labs people in Thailand and very good sounding. 

For the price, it's a great deal.  Sorry, Jeff for chiming in but your ad caught my eye!

Jeff/Ladydog is a great guy and I have bought several things from him.  Everything I have purchased from him has been in better condition than his listings have indicated.  Here is a link with some info for this CDP. 

http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/norhcd1_e.html

Happy New Year!

Jack

LadyDog

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2012, 03:17 am »
Thanks for the kind words Jack.  Check is in the mail.  ;)

As Jack mentioned, this is basically a Cal Audio knock-off.  Which I heard on pretty good authority is/was basically their $2k cd player.

Everyone is their own movie critic, but I would put it up against those costing in that range. 

Glorious mid-band and vocals.

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2012, 05:05 am »
I always thought of the nOrh cd1 as the one that got away. Man I always wanted to own one of these when I had a pair of 9.0 marbles and a pair of Le Amps. I really miss all my nOrh stuff, what unique gear. Sigh... Memories.

jackman

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2012, 08:47 pm »
Bump for a cool product and great seller.  I know this CDP and cd players in general are a bit out of fashion with many people but I'll always be a fan of this one.

LadyDog

« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2012, 11:53 am »
Ad brought back from the dead.  Anyway, a great sound cd player for a reasonable price.