Missing: Audio Alchemy power supply (a.k.a. PS1?)

badnews

« on: 4 May 2004, 11:30 pm »
:banghead:  have an Audio Alchemy VITB that is complete except for the power supply.  By appearence, this looks like a piece of equipment worthy of building a new power supply.  I did a little research and found some very basic schematics to do such a thing, but I found them a little confusing.  My knowledge of electronics is limited, but I do know that the VITB requires both positive and negative voltages in the amount of 12v. I've read that you can modify two generic "wal wart" style and achieve this config., but I'd really rather build a low noise DIY supply closer to the original.  Like I said, I have very limited understanding of electronic theory, but I can follow directions and solder like a pro.  If needed,  I can also answer any questions in detail beyond what I've already provided.  I would greatly appreciate if anyone could afford time to help me out here, as I've run out of people to ask.  Perhaps a suggestion as to who I could contact?  Thanks!  Steve

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2004, 01:11 am »
Have you checked out the Channel Islands site?? Dusty Vawter of AA is now there, offering CIA and Monolithic power supplies (and gear).  Don't seem to offer 12V, but maybe you could glean some info??

http://www.ciaudio.com/

badnews

« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2004, 01:06 am »
Thanks,
I will attempt to do so, but I am rather uneducated about the particulars of electronics.  I'm not so sure I could "glean" much from any such source.  I have tried to copy other schemes, but every one I have come across has been adjustable voltage or just too complicated for this application.  I am looking for a complete plan to build a power supply like this. (Try the "basic power supply circuit" link towards the bottom.) http://www.geocities.com/rjm003.geo/rjmaudio/diy_aa.html Note that the values don't match what I need, but it is the "OEM" design none the less.   Like I said before, +12-12 voltage is all that is required, aside from being quiet (phono stage quiet.) A scheme with values and polarities is all I need to get started.  Maybe I'm asking for way to much here.? Sorry for that, but like I said, I really haven't had luck in finding an answer among the limited number of people I know...   Thank you so much to any one that can help!