HiRes on DVD-V (24/96)

jamesg11

HiRes on DVD-V (24/96)
« on: 31 Dec 2011, 08:30 am »
A listing of 24/96 hi res available on dvd-v (issued often as cd + dvd) would be very useful, as distinct from dvd-a releases - dvd audio extractor is great for this stuff.

So, who's got what?  Yep, Neil Young, ...

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: HiRes on DVD-V (24/96)
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2011, 01:48 pm »
Any downloaded 24/96 recording (see download site list on sticky thread) can be burned onto a DVD-R and played as a DVD-V on a standard DVD player. 

Some DVD-Audio titles also have a 24/96 DVD-V group

A few specific DVD-V (only) released titles off the top of my head:
Neil Young - Greatest Hits
Neil Young - Live at Massey Hall (also available on DVD-A, and BluRay via Archives set)
Neil Young - Live at Fillmore East (also available on DVD-A, and BluRay via Archives set)
Neil Young - Sugar Mountain (also available on DVD-A, and BluRay via Archives set)

50+ titles from Classic Records; their entire DAD and HDAD catalog (only DVD-V side of HDAD)
http://www.classicrecords.com/search.cfm?code=DAD&order_by=
http://www.classicrecords.com/search.cfm?code=HDAD&order_by=

Soundkeeper Recordings 
http://www.soundkeeperrecordings.com/purchase.htm 
(DVD-R selections are 24/96 DVD-V spec)

More to come as I look around.....

rbbert

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2011, 01:49 pm »
DVD-Audio Extractor also works with DVD-A's (FWIW)

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2011, 01:59 pm »
DVD-Audio Extractor also works with DVD-A's (FWIW)

Thanks, yes, my ripping guide thread makes that point (later versions of Extractor are MLP compliant).  However, not sure where you are going with that.  This thread is not about extraction, nor about DVD-A, it's about what releases can be played on DVD-V (standard DVD) players at 24/96.

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2011, 02:32 pm »
There are also these - hiresmusic.com  I think the only disc I have is the Leon Russell

rbbert

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2011, 03:23 pm »
Thanks, yes, my ripping guide thread makes that point (later versions of Extractor are MLP compliant).  However, not sure where you are going with that.  This thread is not about extraction, nor about DVD-A, it's about what releases can be played on DVD-V (standard DVD) players at 24/96.

Really?  That's not how I read the original post.

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2011, 04:47 pm »
Really?  That's not how I read the original post.

??  Then how did you read it?
A listing of 24/96 hi res available on dvd-v (issued often as cd + dvd) would be very useful,
He wants DVD-V , and at 24/96
as distinct from dvd-a releases
specifically not DVD-A
So, who's got what?  Yep, Neil Young, ...
and wants a list of them. 
DVD-V titles play on standard DVD players.  What am I missing?

rbbert

« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2011, 04:54 pm »
A listing of 24/96 hi res available on dvd-v ... - dvd audio extractor is great for this stuff.

Who knows?  I read this as wanting to extract the files to play on a computer audio system?

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2011, 04:59 pm »
Who knows?  I read this as wanting to extract the files to play on a computer audio system?

Yes, me too, but that he's not asking for DVD-Audio titles, or the need to know how to extract them....he already knows them.  He's asking for a list of 24/96 DVD-V releases and tracks that get wayyy less publicity as hirez candidates.  Anyway.....Happy New Year.  :)

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 31 Dec 2011, 05:55 pm »
Neil Young also has one or two more - I believe "Chrome Dreams II" also got issued as a CD/DVD set.

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 31 Dec 2011, 06:18 pm »
Neil Young also has one or two more - I believe "Chrome Dreams II" also got issued as a CD/DVD set.

Thanks.  I'm sure he does; those were off the top of my head.  He has Road Rock, but it's a waste of money IMO.  Horrible video to go along with poor audio.

bdiament

• Industry Participant
    • Soundkeeper Recordings
« Reply #11 on: 1 Feb 2012, 10:24 pm »
Hi jamesg11,

A listing of 24/96 hi res available on dvd-v (issued often as cd + dvd) would be very useful, as distinct from dvd-a releases - dvd audio extractor is great for this stuff....

If I may, Soundkeeper Recordings has been releasing 24/96 DVDs (audio only, in DVD-V format) since our first release in 2006.

Best regards,
Barry
www.soundkeeperrecordings.com
www.barrydiamentaudio.com

jamesg11

« Reply #12 on: 2 Feb 2012, 12:51 am »
Thanks Barry - from you guys I'd stick to 24/192, for dvd-a & computer playback purposes. (But price is steepish, to Oz & all!  I know it's quality stuff, ...).

I was trying to sus out info on less-well-travelled 24/96 hires lurking on dvd-v releases.

bdiament

• Industry Participant
    • Soundkeeper Recordings
« Reply #13 on: 3 Feb 2012, 09:44 pm »
Hi jamesg11,

One thing I'm very proud of about our releases is that the artist gets a big piece of every sale (a much higher percentage than even major acts get from major labels).

And they keep 100% of their publishing rights (as opposed to the label taking this, which is the more common practice).

Part of our mission is to make it possible for our artists to keep creating and not having to worry about feeding their families.  ;-}

Best regards,
Barry
www.soundkeeperrecordings.com
www.barrydiamentaudio.com

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 3 Feb 2012, 09:51 pm »
Barry, thanks for reminding me about your DVD-V stuff.  I was thinking DVD-R, but you go the extra step of putting them in DVD-V format so standard DVD players can play them.  Thanks!

Gang, Equinox is amazing (I went right for the 24/192)!   :thumb:

WerTicus

« Reply #15 on: 15 Jan 2013, 01:39 pm »
I know this thread is old news now... but it got me looking into creating my own DVD-V's from DVD-A rips and you can do it with DVD Audio extractor and foobar to downsample to 24/96 and http://www.audio-dvd-creator.com/guide.htm to burn it to DVD :)

Works a treat and now my DVD-A collection can be played on my SACD player ;-)